American Pie

Ohio, 1995...

Younger Winter was playing on the swing, when she heard Natalia whistled, Winter whistled back, she got off the swing and did a backbend, Natalia ran over and did the same.

"We're both upside" Winter said.

"And I bet you're gonna fall down first" Natalia replied.

"No, you will, you can't hold it much longer" She said, struggling to stay up, until she fell down.

"Told you you'd fall down first! I told you!" Natalia said, as Winter chased after her "I told you so!" Winter tripped and fell on her knee.

"Mommy!" Winter yelled.

"What happened" Melina said, walking outside.

"She fell on her knee" Natalia replied.

"Oh, you bump your knee?"

"Mmm-hmm"

"Kiss it better. There we go. Shhh" Melinda said "Oh, come on, little one. Get up. You're okay" and she helped Winter up "Come on. You're a brave girl. Your pain only makes you stronger, right, you?"

"Yeah" Nat said.

"Yeah?"

"Look. Forest stars" Winter pointed out.

"Yeah, you know what? Those are actually part of the Lampuridae family and the glow, the glow that you see, that comes from a chemical reaction called...bioluminescence" Melina told them both "Come on, time for dinner, Yelena waiting inside"

"Bio-goomin-feasants?" Winter asked confused.

"Bio-goomin-featsants. That's right"

~Time Skip~

"I want mac and cheese" Yelena said.

"Oh, you want mac and cheese?" Melinda asked "Okay. Well, I want...caviar and champagne. Grab the napkins" Yelena listened and grabbed some napkins "You take this" Passing Winter a bowl of corn "Thank you. Oh, would you grab the ranch dressing for Dad..." Winter walked over to the dinner table and placed the bowl down.

"Green beans are my favorite vegetable" Yelena said, putting the napkins on the table, and Winter took her seat at the table.

"Dad's home!" Melina, Yelena and Nat took their seats at the table as Alexei walked in "Everything okay?" He sighed.

"How was everybody's day?" Alexei asked.

"Mommy taught me about lamp bugs" Winter told him.

"Lamp bugs" He chuckled.

"And I fell and hurt my knee, but it doesn't hurt anymore, and we also saw fireflies in the backyard. That was my favorite part of the whole day"

"Winter, we see fireflies every year" Nat told her.

"Not every year" She answered, Alexei and Melina walked back into the room, and sat at the table with the girls.

"Girls...you remember when I told you that one day we would have that big adventure?" Alexei asked them "Today's the day"

"Yay!" Yelena exclaimed, by Melina and Nat's reaction Winter knew it wasn't something good.

"All right, let's go" Alexei said, Alexei and Yelena got up from the table and left the room.

"I'm sorry" Melinda said, and she got up and left.

~Time Skip~

"Where are we going?" Yelena asked.