Special 30th chapter: Levy's night at the dance!

I turn back around in my chair after watching Natsu drag Lucy away. Laughing to myself, I try to remember what Mira said to me the other day, while decorating the gym.

"Natsu's not a bad guy. He had a rough childhood. He had a rough first relationship with a girl. He's had rough breaks with multiple other girls. But he's not a bad person."

That really makes me feel better. I look up and watch Cana dancing with different people, admiring her social skills. I know I have a lot of friends here, but I've never been particularly out there. Especially not like Cana. I tilt my ear to the music. My favorite song of the week (still), Wake Me Up by Avicii, is playing.

I shift gears and scan the room for him. When I don't spot him anywhere, I sigh. Immediately, all the air in my lungs is shocked out of my body.

"Ahh!" Someone behind me came up to me and scared me. The deep voice behind me laughs a very deep and specific laugh.

"Gihihi..." I spin around in my seat to find myself facing thin air.

"What... Who?" I ask out loud, before hearing the laugh again, this time somewhere on the dance floor.

Of course I recognize the laugh. I've spent long hours listening to and thinking of and dreaming about that laugh.

"Gihihi..." He is making his way through the crowd. I see shadows and silhouettes of his long, dark hair and big, burly arms.

"Gajeel..." I mutter under my breath. I race after the shadows, trying to catch up with him, weaving in and out of moving bodies. Every time I think I'm near, he moves just out of reach.

"Shrimp..." Maybe it's my overactive imagination, but I swear I heard... "Shrimp..."

"Ahh! Not again, metal head," I groan, feeling gullible.

"Hey shrimp. I see you did follow me." His voice echoes in the hallway of the Athletics center, but I still can't pinpoint him.

"Yeah, I did. You're just soooooo irresistible." I laugh, trying to bait him out.

"Hmm."

"Yeah. I mean, you're supposed to be my date. We could be tearing up the dance floor right now..." So close. He's almost out in the open, I can feel it.

"Hmm?"

"Yeah," I turn in a full circle, but his hmms seem to be circling me, too.

"So why don't we?" Gajeel reveals himself, stepping up to me and breathing down my neck. With a quick and unsuspected movement, I flick him on the forehead. "Ow!"

"That's what you get for scaring me." I cross my arms.

"That hurt, shrimp." I step on his foot for good measure. He begins to hop around.

"And that's for calling me shrimp."

"But I always call you shrimp."

"I know," I roll my eyes.

"So what makes tonight special?" His voice is gruff, like he was just yelling.

"Well, there is a dance," I say like the smart ass everyone probably thinks I am.

"I know that, shortie." Gajeel laughs, finding it amusing as I roll my eyes. "But what does that have to do with it?" Before I can respond, Gajeel presses his body into mine, and squishes me into the wall, flattening both of us. I hear the sound of someone racing down the narrow hallway, and turning the corner. As Gajeel lets up a little, I see the faintest hint of purple...