Backstories and bonding time

"Where are we going?" I ask, drumming my fingertips against the side of the car door.

"It's a secret," Natsu smiles, keeping his eyes on the road.

"At least I'm not blindfolded," I mutter under my breath.

"I heard that. And I wouldn't blindfold you for this. It's something, somewhere I had planned to go to today anyways. And now you can accompany me."

"Great."

"Didn't I tell you it would be great, Luce? Come on, smile!" Natsu puts a hand on my arm, and I bite back a small smile.

"Maybe later. When I know where we are."

"Oh don't worry. I wouldn't take you anywhere dangerous."

"And how do you know it's not? Dangerous, that is," I reply, looking out the window to see an area, a neighborhood, I've surprisingly never seen before.

"Dangerous is not what I'd call my home, Luce."

__________________________________________________________

"Your home?!" I step into the large house, a little shocked. Not like I haven't seen big houses (I grew up in a mansion basically) but I guess I wasn't expecting this from Natsu. There's so much I still don't know about him.

"Cool, right?" He grins. I decide to focus on what I do know about him, like things that make me question the integrity of bringing me here.

"And why, might I ask, did you bring me to your lovely house?" My voice drips with sarcasm, and I sit down on a very plush chair.

"ONII-CHAN!!" I hear a young, high pitched squeal from somewhere upstairs, and hear the sounds of tiny feet running down stairs.

"Wendy!!" Natsu laughs as he picks the little girl up and spins her around. I sink down into the chair as not to interrupt the sibling reunion behind me.

"How's school, onii-chan? I thought you were coming home sooner!" The little blue haired girl smiles.

"I'm here now. How has Aunt Porlyusica been treating you?"

"You know her, she's bitter and cranky and hates noise and children, but I know she cares. She's out shopping right now. We're doing fine, but I'd be better if big brother came home!"

"Aww!" I let out an involuntary sigh at the little girl's devotion.

"Who's that?!" Asks Wendy, alarmed.

"Don't worry, Wendy. It's just Lucy. Why don't you introduce yourself?" Natsu lightly hits the back of the chair, and I stand up to face the short girl.

"Hi! I'm Wendy Marvel, I'm ten years old, Natsu's little sister, and you're really pretty!" She says with excitement.

"Thank you! I'm Lucy." I bend down, and she gives me a hug.

"Just Lucy?" She asks, stepping out from the hug.

"Just Lucy," I nod, ignoring Natsu's look of confusion.

"Do you not know your last name? That's ok. I don't know my daddy, and Natsu doesn't know his mommy, but-" Natsu quickly places a hand over Wendy's mouth and gives me a nervous smile. Wendy scrunches her eyebrows, and bites Natsu's hand.

"OW!" He releases Wendy and waves his hand around.

"But we still love each other. There." She puts her hands on her hips and sticks her tongue out at Natsu. I open my mouth to ask where Wendy's mom is, but quickly close it. Their seemingly bitter aunt is taking care of this adorable ten year old, and they have a history of MIA adult figures.