That's my name, don't wear it out. Please.

I watch Cana out of my peripheral vision as I help her hang some of her art on our walls.

"I can't believe I let you talk me into this..." Cana mutters while smiling. "I mean, I am putting a portfolio together, so it's not like my art won't ever be displayed... and this is in the privacy of our own dorm room..."

I look at the drawing in my hands and smile. It's the one of me in that black dress with the high slit. I grab some special tape and put it up next to the window. The next one is a beautiful painting of different constellations in the sky. It reminds me of the night of the dance, when Natsu stood there with me under full, night sky. When Natsu awkwardly kissed me under the moon. My smile falters for a second, but I hang this one up above my own desk. For inspiration.

"Lucy, are you ok? You're really quiet." Cana walks over to me and puts a hand on my shoulder. She looks at the painting I chose to put above my desk. "You can keep that one, if you want. It suits you."

I close my eyes, and start to shake a little.

"Lucy?" Cana asks, more alarmed. "Did something happen?" I turn around to face her, and she sweeps me up in a big hug. "You can tell me if anything happened, Lucy. Is it about Natsu?"

I shake my head no, almost wanting to laugh. Taking a breath I respond, "I got a call from my father. He wants me to come home."

"Come home? But it isn't even half the year yet! You only just started in August! How could he expect you to come home?"

"He says I need to return, to 'finish things, as the daughter of the Heartfilia fortune.' But he wouldn't hand me down that money if he was on his deathbed or held at gunpoint. I can't imagine what he wants me to do. There's nothing more I can do for him." I look back at Cana, as her eyes widen.

"There is something you can do." She looks mystified. "You can provide an heir."

My jaw drops. "No way can he expect me to just 'provide an heir' for him! And why would I need to go home for that? Has he gotten me a fiance without my knowledge?"

"Why don't you call him and find out?" Cana offers.

"N-no. I don't want to talk to him. If he calls me, I'll listen to what he has to day for himself. But I am not going to comply. He doesn't own my life."

__________________________________________________________

"So?" Cana walks up to where I'm sitting outside the dorms. I was leaning on a tree, but I slowly sink down to sitting in defeat.

"He confirmed. I'm supposed to return home and leave this all behind, to marry my ex-boyfriend who I haven't seen in years." I sigh.

"There's no way he can just do that," Cana sticks up for me. I smile weakly.

"Well, there's no way I'm just going to up and leave by choice. He'll have to send his goons after me."

Cana gasps, "will he?"

"No. I don't think so." I look away.

"Is your ex-boyfriend a total tool?" Cana redirects the conversation.

"Loke Lion? No, he's harmless. Just another pawn swept up in my father's game of 'rule all'. Loke's just the kid of another rich family, who I happen to have a past with." I roll my eyes.

"Lion? As in Regulus Lion Movie Productions? They produce and film all the number one movies in the country! Doesn't sound like a bad candidate for a husband..." Cana half-jokes.

"I know, but Loke isn't what I'm worried about. While I can't imagine going back there, I really can't imagine leaving this place. This is my home now." Natsu's words flash through my mind in a split second. I shake my head. "I've only been here for about two months now, but I love Fairy Tail High."

"Fairy Tail High loves you, Lucy. I can't imagine you'd turn your back on this either." Cana stands up and offers me her hand. She pulls me up, and I feel her strength as I try to borrow some. "Heartfilia or not, you know when to pick friendship over money."

"Thank you, Cana." I give my roommate a huge hug. I melt into her arms, until we both become stiff at the sound of crunching leaves.

"Heartfilia?" A soft voice creeps up behind us.

"Lisanna?" Cana asks, surprised. "Where have you been?"

"Lucy, you're... a Heartfilia?" Lisanna's eyes widen.

"Please, please don't tell anyone else. They'll tease and torment me, and that's the last thing I need right now. Lisanna, please..." I beg and plead and I hear my voice waver, but Lisanna does not seem to hear me.

"A Heartfilia... this is great news." She looks up at Cana and me and speaks very slowly, "I have... to go. Maybe I'll see you guys later." She runs off.

"Well that was weird." Cana states the obvious, and we share a look.

"I just hope she doesn't tell anyone. I don't think I can handle that right now."