Just add Erza's finishing touch...

*above is what I used to picture/describe Lucy's dress.
Because apparently wattpad hated the image I had originally (it wouldn't show up even if I re-posted it) I had to find a new image. It is still very similar to the dress that used to be there! I will be back with more editing to this story, sorry for the inconvenience!!

I duck my head away from Erza's grasp yet again, as she tries to place a tiara on my head. "Just to see if it fits!" She'll scream, chasing me with the piece of plastic I don't know why she even has in the first place. I'm sitting on the edge of my bed while Cana and Erza invade my personal closet space yet again (well, for Cana).

"Oh wow, you're really going with Natsu!" Cana exclaims for the tenth time. I finally decided to tell them what happened yesterday with Natsu and Loke. Cana and Erza practically imploded, and immediately began tearing apart my closet for dresses.

"Well, yeah. Natsu's not such a bad guy as I made him out to be at the beginning..." I sigh with a smile. Cana and Erza share a look, then go back to hunting in my closet. My dorm door suddenly flies open with the force of a thousand suns, and I see a demon in the doorway.

"DO I SENSE NALU?" The scary presence asks. I scream, and shrink behind Cana, using her as a living shield.

Cana just smiles and waves, "oh, hey Mira! You're late. And my neko is going to the dance with Natsu!"

"Eeeeep!" Mira takes on a more human form and starts digging through my closet next to Erza. "So what are you going as?"

"Well, Natsu called me his princess the other day," I say thoughtfully, blushing at the memory.

"And I have the perfect tiara! Don't you dare question why." Erza smiles.

"Of course!" Mira replies, unfazed. "Lucy already looks like a princess, all that we need is the perfect dress. Now where is your real closet?" Mira gives me a knowing smile, and I shudder. Walking over there, I push back my 'normal' clothes. In the closet behind that one, there's a whole section of formal, fancy, and cocktail dresses. Cana pulls out armfuls of cocktail dresses, while Erza and Mira dissect her choices.

"It's a shame Levy isn't here to make a fuss too," Cana smiles. I sigh in relief that she isn't here too. We don't need anyone else!

"What about Juvia?" Erza asks.

"Oh, Gray asked her to the dance yesterday," Mira throws out casually.

"WHAT?" We all exclaim.

"Yeah. Ever since she took Cana's drunken advice Gray's paid more attention to Juvia, and finally he asked her. Probably because he was so used to her presence that he actually missed it! So she's probably freaking out herself," Mira finishes with a huge grin and a sparkle in her eyes.

"Great... Have you guys finished yet?" I'd like some quiet to write, I think.

"Don't worry, Neko. You'll be able to write soon," Cana says with a wink. How did she know? "Here! This one!"

"Oof!" The dress Cana throws me is a light blue with a layered skirt and ruffles on the chest. There are silver designs on the corset around the waist and under the chest. I put it on quickly, and model it for them. Cana, Erza, and Mira sit there clapping their hands.

"Very nice!" Erza says. I blush and look at her, beaming, just to find her talking to Cana. "You have a good eye," she praises.

"I know," Cana blushes.

"So are we done? Is this the dress?" I roll my eyes.

"Yes." Mira confirms. "Just one last thing," she takes the tiara from Erza's hands, and places it on my head.

"Perfect!" Erza's eyes form hearts.

"So Erza!" I try to change the conversation topic, "how's Jellal?" Apparently that was the wrong choice of conversation.

Shadows cover Erza's eyes as she replies, "fine. Fine, fine, nothing's wrong. He's just... going through another hard time, that's all. We just... never see each other. Everything's gonna be fine." I share a glance with Cana and Mira, but neither of them look as nervous as I feel.

"Erza?" I ask calmly.

"S-sorry. Anyways, the dance is tomorrow. Exciting, right? Haha..." She looks back down at her fingers. I've never seen Erza like this before... something must really be bothering her.

"Yeahhhh..." Cana drags out. "Let's get some food! It's practically dinner time." I look over at my alarm clock, which says 4:02. Shrugging, we all leave with Cana over to Love and Lucky.

*

*

*

Ok yes, shorter chapter, but I needed a kind of time-skip so the next chapter will go right to the night of the dance! I hope you're looking forward to it as much as I am!! :)