Chapter 28

Everything in that green room was chaotic. The staff was busy running here and there, the managers were busy making sure everything was on spot and the members were scattered in different corners of the room doing their own things.

In the whole chaos if something that was unusually calm then it was the lean brunette in the brown leather jacket.

Kim Taehyung was staring nowhere as he was lost in comprehending what Jungkook said.

I did not chose you because I was scared....

Those words kept ringing in his ears. Not only was he hurt but he felt humiliated

Am I so petty?

He kept thinking but as much as he tried to justify Jungkook's choice it somewhere still didnt make any sense to him. He felt as if he is so worthless that Jungkook actually chose the shallow society over him amd his love. Maybe he was right, maybe his love was actually not worth it and it held less relevance than the norms of the society.

"Taehyung" he heard soft longing voice that made his head turn.

Jungkook was standing just behind him his eyes stuck on him holding several emotions

"Are we ready to go?" Taehyung asked gesturing towards the way to the stage

"umm" Jungkook cleared his throat "um yeah sort of. Are you alright?"

Taehyung nodded with a stoic face.

"Tae" Jungkook took a step towards him "you do not have to do this. You just came out of a major trauma...take a break. You do not need to go infront of the crowd"

Taehyung smirked "relax kook. Unlike you I am not afraid of the reality"

Jungkook frowns "what?"

"I do not run away from my reality. I know my trauma and I accept it and I will make everyone accepte meWITH MY TRAUMA. I will not act or run away."

Jumgkook totally understood what he was hinting towards.

He sighs "Tae I am sorry. I know I was a a coward for not accepting my love but I....

"Please do not explain yourself kook. I know why you did it. But it is just to difficult for me to accept it. I have always priorotized love above all and I expected the same from the person I love. I wanted that person to put my love above fame, society and anything else. But looks like I am the fool here who never thought about anything else"

"No Tae" Jungkook's voice cracks a bit "above all I thought about BTS. That what will happen to BTS?? We worked so hard for it. I never wanted to be so selfish to ruin our hardwork."

"Then why are you coming to me now kook? Why now?? Is it pity???"

"No Taehyung its not!!please understand!"

But before Jungkook could say any further a member of the staff rushed in to call them for the performance..

The two looked at each other but didnt say a word. Disappointment and pain had filled the room leaving no space for apprehension.

Jungkook sighed. He was not someone who would fight or argue, that to with Kim Taehyung. So he just left the room with his head hung low

Taehyung closed his eyes and took a deep breath. Right now he cannot deal with all these he needs to focus and prepare himself to face the fans.

Soon all the 7 boys together ascended to the stage that was surrounded with several fans.

Taehyung took his position and heard the song "Mic Drop" play. But he couldnt focus as his mind was again and again getting back to the last few traumatic days.