Albert DaSilva - Cramps

(Heheehee)

I groan into my pillow, pain filling my body. I'm paying the price for being a girl.

"Hey, Baby its- oh, is it that time?" Crutchie asks as he enters the room, seeing me face down on my pillow.

Baby is my newsie name, coming from the fact that when I first came to the lodge, I cried alot.

"Yeah, it is" I mumble into my pillow.

"Oh, I'm sorry Baby. You skipping selling today?" He asks. Usually on the first day or two of my period, I'll skip selling because of the cramps.

"Yeah" is all I say, my face still buried in my pillow.

"Alright. Well we gotta head out. I'll see youse later, ok?" He says as he heads out of the room.

All the boys have left the house, so I'm stuck here alone. I want my best friend Albert to be here, he always makes me feel better.

After a few hours of just lying in my bed, I hear someone enter the room.

"Hey, Baby, Crutch tolds us it's that time again" the voice of Racetrack rings out.

"Yeah" i whine into my pillow. "Is there somethin' I can get youse?"

"Not something, someone"

"Alright, who is it you want me to get for you?" He asks

"Could you get Albert for me?"

"Yeah, I'll see if I can get him for youse, Baby. I'll be back, k?"

"Mk. Thanks Racer" I say, grateful that he's willing to go get Al for me.

After about 20 minutes, I hear somebody else come into the room.

"Hey, Baby, Racer told me you was missing me" a voice says from the doorway.

I look up, and sure enough, there's Albert.

"Yeah. C'mere and hold me. Please." I demand.

I hear him laugh lightly, but he obliges and lies down beside me on the small bed.

He holds me close to his body, and the warmth is nice.

I turn my body to face him, and he looks down at me. "Thanks for being here"

"Of course, Baby, you're my best friend"

It hurts hearing him say friend, I want more than that. I want to be his girl. But I don't say that. I just cuddle into his chest and he strokes my hair, soothing me.

I close my eyes, and right before I doze off, I hear Albert whisper "I know youse asleep right now, but I love youse. I love youse so much. I couldn't imagine a day in my life without you. But I know youse don't feel the same, so that's why im here telling youse when youse asleep"

"I love you too Al"

I feel him tense up against me, and say "you heard all of that?"

"Yeah. I did. And I love you too, Albert, and i couldn't imagine a life without you in it"

I adjust my head so I'm looking directly at Alberts face. I shift slightly so our noses are touching, and I move just a bit closer and press our lips together.

It's a short and sweet kiss, but that doesn't make it any less meaningful.

As I'm about to say something to him, a sharp cramp hits, causing me to groan and curl up.

"Is it hurting, Baby?" He asks, running his hand up and down my back.

"Yeah" I whine.

"I can see if Specs has any pain meds from last month left over when he gets back if ya want" He offers.

I nod, still in pain.

"Thank you for being here Al, I love you so much"

"I love you too Baby, now get some sleep, I'll get you medicine when specs gets back. "

And at that, I doze off in the arms of my love.