Davey Jacobs- Heather

I still remember, third of December, me in your sweater, you said it looked better on me than it did you...

"Y/n, come on you knew we'd be outside today, why didn't you bring a jacket or a sweater or something?" Davey asks me, reprimanding me for being outside in gym class in 40-ish degree (Fahrenheit) weather.

"I don't knowwww," I whine, rubbing my hands on my arms to try and generate some heat.

"just-" He sighs, "Take my hoodie," He tells me as he pulls off his navy blue hoodie.

Before I can protest, he has shoved it into my arms, saying "don't even think about protesting,"

He had another sweater on underneath it, so he should be okay. I slip the hoodie over my head, taking in the scent of his cologne.

"How do I look?" I ask, twirling jokingly.

"It looks better on you than it ever did me," He laughs.

I feel myself blush, but thankfully Davey doesn't notice.

Only if you knew how much I liked you, but I watch your eyes as she walks by...

I look at him again and notice him staring at the group dubbed "The Heathers", aka three girls all named Heather. Heather Chandler is the ringleader, the untouchable bitch, Heather Duke is the stereotypical bitch, and then...theres Heather MacNamara, a cheerleader and one of the biggest sweethearts in the school, who Davey has had a crush on for months.

I try to ignore the pang in my heart as a small blush covers his cheeks.

"Dave, c'mon, you've gotta grow a pair and just ask her out at this point," I tell him, going against my screaming heart.

"I...I can't, Y/n, she wouldn't like me that way," He says.

"And why's that?" I ask him.

"Because, I'm a geeky nobody and she's...she's beautiful, her hair, her eyes...." He keeps listing reasons why he likes her, and I feel my heart shatter with each new reason.

What a sight for sore eyes, brighter than the blue sky, she's got you mesmerized, while I die...

I remember one time, at a party with all of us "Newsies" as we call ourselves because of our way of spreading gossip throughout the school in record time, Davey was dared to kiss the most attractive person in the room, and I expected him to go for Jack, who he had liked previously, or even Katherine, who works for the school newspaper.

But instead, he kissed me.

Unfortunately, after that night, we never talked about it again, and we still haven't to this day.

Why would you ever kiss me? I'm not even half as pretty...

The next day in Gym, Heather just so happened to forget her jacket, and I watch as she walks up to Davey, asking for his sweatshirt, which he gives her quickly, and after she's put it on, she stands on her toes to kiss his cheek.

I feel my heart shatter again, but I brush it off and give Davey a playful nudge, seeing his beet red face.

You gave her your sweater, it's just polyester, but you like her better...

Throughout the rest of the week, Heather keeps coming up and talking to Davey, leaving me virtually no time to hang out with him.

The next Monday, when she walks up to him, she stands on her toes and pecks him on the lips before saying "I really enjoyed our date this weekend,"

When she finally walks away, I ask him "You two went on a date? Why didn't you tell me?"

I try to not let my voice betray the utter heartbreak I'm feeling as I see a goofy love struck grin spread across his face.