Kid Blink - Married Life

(No, this does not have to do with the song from UP)

My 6:20 alarm begins to ring, bringing me out from my sleep.

I try to reach to turn it off, but I find myself unable to move due to my husband's arm that is wrapped tight around my waist.

"Blink, baby, come on, I've gotta get up," I tell him.

"Nnno," he groans, his hold on my waist becoming ever so slightly tighter.

"At least let me turn the alarm off?" I attempt.

"Fine." He releases his hold on me, and I quickly slide out of the bed, turning the alarm off in the process.

"Hey! You tricked me!" He whines, his eye widening.

"I know, baby, but I've gotta get the kiddos up for school," I tell him, leaning over and pressing a kiss to his forehead.

"Ugh," he groans.

"Unless you'd rather be the parent that has to deal with getting them up, making sure they have their lunches, and dropping them off?" I tease.

"No thanks. At least we're both off from work today, though. We can actually spend some time together," he says as I take off my night clothes.

He sits up in the bed, and upon seeing me, he lets out a low whistle.

I give him a look, and he says, "What? I can't admire my beautiful wife?"

"Only if I can admire you when I get home," I tease, putting on some clothes.

"I don't think there's much here to admire, darling,"

I look at him with raised eyebrows. "What are you talking about?"

"I mean, of the two of us, I definitely think you're the looker," he states.

"Mmmmh, I don't know, you're pretty damn hot if I do say so myself."

His cheeks tinge red as I walk over to him, pressing a quick kiss to his lips before walking out of the bedroom to finish getting ready and wake up our kids.

I wake up Ellie first, our 14 year old daughter.

"El, hun, it's time to get up," I tell her, popping my head into her room.

She groans a quiet "Nnnno," and I laugh. "You are just like your father,"

Her head pops up from the mess of covers, and she squints at me. I smile at her before closing her door back and walking over to her 16 year old brother Dylans room.

I knock on his door, and I hear him say "come in," faintly.

I open the door and see him on facetime with someone.

"It is not even 7 in the morning, who are you on the phone with?" I ask him.

"Lizzie," he says, holding up the phone to show me Jack and Daveys daughter.

"Of course," I tease, "good morning Lizzie,"

"Good morning!" She pipes up from the phone.

"Ok come on, you've gotta get dressed and stuff," I tell my son. He gives me a thumbs up and I exit the room.

I head to the kitchen to make myself a highly caffeinated and sugary drink, only to find my husband standing in there, my favorite drink in hand.

"Have I ever mentioned how much I love you?" I tell him, kissing him quickly as I take the cup from his hands.

"I think you might've, once or twice," he jokes, holding up his left hand.

"Can you believe it's already been almost twenty years we've been married?" I sigh lovingly, looking at the wonderful man before me.

"Yeah...I still can't believe I got the prettiest girl in school to go out with me," he says, placing a hand on my cheek delicately.

I set my cup down on the counter behind me, saying "I was a nerdy theater kid, you were the hot football player every girl wanted, babe, I really don't think you have that right,"

"Was?" He laughs, "last I checked you still are a nerdy theater kid, just more grown up. I remember I fell in love with you the first time I saw you belt your lungs out as Rizzo in Grease,"

"Oh my god, I loved that role," I reminisce.

I'm pulled out of my nostalgic memories when he kisses me, sweetly, and with so much love.

"Eww, get a room," Ellies voice pops up out of nowhere, causing Blink and I to break apart.

I look at her, her nose scrunched up, her blue-green eyes almost closed from how much she was squinting.

"God, Blink, she looks just like you when we were kids," I tell him, sipping my drink.

"I do not!" She protests.

"Oh you so do," I tell her.

"Do not!"

"Do too! You have your fathers eyes, his hair, his nose, his smile, you look just like him, seems like all I did was carry you for nine months,"

"If it makes you feel better, babe, Dylan looks more like you," Blink says from behind me.

"Yeah except he got your height and he's already taller than me," I joke.

"Not our fault you're short," Dylan says as he walks into the kitchen.

"Boy, I brought you into this world don't think I can't take you out of it," I joke.

"Alright alright," he says, putting his hands up in surrender.

"Okay you two, we've gotta head out in twenty," I tell them as they pack their lunches.

I grab my husband's hand, pulling him out of the kitchen and into the living room, out of sight and earshot from the kids.

I stand on my toes and press my lips to his, finishing what we started earlier.

As we pull apart, he rests his forehead against mine with a goofy grin on his face that reminds me of when we were kids and he'd kiss me after a football game.

"I love you so much," he tells me.

"Not as much as I love you," I smile.