Jack Kelly - Queen of Queens

I'm one of the 'Big Three' Newsies of New York.

We're called the Big Three because we are the leaders of some of the biggest cities in the state.

There's Spot Conlon, King of Brooklyn.

Jack Kelly, King of Manhattan.

And me, Y/n L/n, Queen of Queens.

I'm the only girl in the 'Big Three', but that doesn't make me any less of a threat.

I'm generally known as the most just leader, and the gentlest.

But that's to good people.

Because just as much as I'm a just and kind leader, I can be ruthless if you mess with my newsies.

My Newsies are the only group of all girl Newsies in all of New York.

So, when the dark skinned boy with glasses from Manhattan came to recruit Queens for the strike, I was hesitant.

"What did Brooklyn say?" Its generally agreed upon that us Big Three cities need to all be in agreeance.

"Jack and Davey are talking to Spot now, so I dunno yet"

I nod, and say "look, if Brooklyn is on board, then Queens is on board too. Come back when you find out, k?"

He nods and heads out, back to Manhattan.

I'll admit, I wish Jack had come to be the one to convince me, since I haven't seen him in a while.

Jack and I have always gotten along well, despite being from opposing territories.

He's a sweet guy, and incredibly handsome.

Not going to lie, I have a bit of a crush on the King of Manhattan.

So, when a few days later, the bespectacled boy came back to tell me Brooklyn was on board and to meet at Medda's theater in 6 hours, me and about 5 of my girls immediately started on our way.

And you can imagine my shock when Jack betrayed us.

As people were yelling at Jack, I walked up to him and slapped him. Hard. Right across the face.

He seemed shocked, but didn't say anything as I turned on my heel and walked away.

It's late, and a long walk to Queens, so I stay in Manhattan with my girls for the night.

And it's a good thing I did, cuz the next day, Jack made things better and we were able to make our own newspaper to give, that showed how awfully we were being treated.

Me, Jack, Spot, and Jack's friend Davey all stood in Pulitzers office, showing him our hard work, our guys and gals outside chanting.

And we won!

After everything is settled, and the refuge is shut down, i pull jack off to the side.

"Sorry for slapping you yesterday, Kelly"

"Don't be. I deserved it." He laughs. "You got one strong slap though, probably tougher than some of my guys"

"Thanks, Kelly."

"Y'know, I have a first name, too." He jokes.

"Fine. Thanks, Jack" he smiles "-ass" I finish.

His smile drops and he rolls his eyes.

"Really, y/n?"

I laugh and say, "just shut up and kiss me, traitor"

And he does.

We pull apart when we hear a shriek of "GUYS!" From Daveys little brother, Les.

We laugh at the boy, and connect our lips one more time, wolf whistles all around us.

And that's how the Queen of Queens and the King of Manhattan became the King and Queen of the Manhattan and Queens areas.