Mush Meyers - Harlem

"And a glass of water for you, and you, and you and....who's the big spender who ordered the seltzer?" Jacobi calls out.

"Ova' here!" Al calls out, a few feet behind me.

Jacobi tells him it'll be two cents, so he just opts for water.

"I'd say we launched our strike in a most auspicious manner!" Davey yells

None of us know that word, so Mush says "uhhhh I dunno about that, but we sure scared the bejeebers outta Weasel!"

"Yeah!" Rings out through the diner.

I giggle at the boy next to me, and he flashes me a smile.

"Did ya see the Delancys? They didn't know which way was up!" Crutchie adds

"So, what's next?" Jack asks Davey.

"Now we've gotta spread the word to the other boroughs. Let the rest of the cities know about the strike!" Davey informs us.

"Hey, you heard the man, let's split up, spread the word!" Jack says

"We'll take Harlem!" Mush says, hopping off of the table he was sitting on and placing a hand on my shoulder.

Racer takes Midtown, JoJo takes the Bronx, Buttons takes the Bowery, Jack assigns Specs to Queens, Tommy to the East Side, and ends up claiming Brooklyn for himself and Davey.

We all head out, and Mush takes my hand gently, interlocking our fingers.

We're best friends, so it's normal for us to be a bit more affectionate towards each other.

"You don't mind coming with me to Harlem, right? I realized it's kinda rude that I volunteered you without askin" He says

"Nah, wherever you go, I go" I say to the boy.

He smiles at me and says "good. I'se been hopin for a chance to spend time with you without the boys botherin us"

"Oh yeah? And why's that?" I flirt

"Cuz. Who wouldn't want a chance to spend time with a pretty goil like you?" He flirts back.

"Oh, think I'm pretty, do you Michael?"

Whenever I feel particularly like flustering him, I'll use his real name. I love how he reacts to it, his eyes go wide and his cheeks flush.

"Dszahdh"

He covers his face with the hand that isn't interlocked with mine.

I gently pry his hand off of his face, and he glances at me.

I smirk at him, and suddenly I'm pulled into an alleyway, my back against a wall.

"Really, Shiner? Or should I say y/n? You're really gonna try and do that to me out there?"

"Try? Last I checked, I succeeded in doing that." I respond.

He places his hands on my cheeks, looking me dead in the eyes.

"Can I kiss you?" He asks

"Please do" I say.

He smiles at me as he leans down and connects our lips.

My hands find their way to the back of his neck, his wrapping around my waist.

We break apart for air, grinning like crazy.

"I've wanted to do that for a long time" He says to me

"Same here" i breathe out.

He takes my hand again, pulling me out of the alley.

We continue our walk to talk to the leader of Harlem.

It doesn't go great, but not awful either.

We get back to Manhattan, and I collapse on the couch.

Mush sits right next to me, wrapping his arm around my back.

I rest my head on his shoulder, and he presses a kiss to my forehead.

"Oh, did you two finally get your acts together and get together?" Romeo asks

Mush gives me a sweet kiss on the lips and says "no we're just friends" very sarcastically.

Romeo rolls his eyes, walking away laughing.

I press a kiss to Mush's cheek, and he smiles before gently turning my head with his index finger so he could kiss my lips.

I smile into the kiss as does he.

We break apart and rest out foreheads against each others, just smiling at each other with love in our eyes.