JoJo De La Guerra - Nap

I collapse onto my best friends bed with a faint 'oomph'

He's not home yet but he gave me a spare key so I could get in if I needed to.

We're supposed to hang out today after he gets off from work. He said he had to work an extra half hour, but I still came at the set time because it gives me a chance to possibly find and steal one of his hoodies.

I stand up and walk over to his closet, opening it to find my favorite hoodie of his.

I slip my own jacket off, putting the black hoodie on over my shirt.

I lay back down on his bed, enjoying the warmth of his hoodie.

I scroll through my phone for a bit, before hearing the front door unlock.

I get a text from JoJo.

JoJo🙄❤️
Hey im home if you wanna head over now

Me
Okie

A second later, his bedroom door opens, so I quickly sit up.

He looks up from his phone and nearly jumps out of his skin.

"JESUS- FUCK- Y/N, HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN HERE?" He shouts and I giggle.

"I dunno, 45 minutes?" I smile

"And you already raided my closet I see?" He gives me a mock dissaproving glare, before smiling at me.

"What, it looks good on me" I joke, fidgeting with the several-inches-too-long sleeves.

He rolls his eyes at me, before coming over to sit beside me on his bed. I lay back down, cuz I'm lazy and didn't feel like sitting up.

He lays down beside me, his head resting on my stomach.

I loosely wrap an arm around him, and he cuddles closer to me, making my heart flutter. I see his eyes fluttering closed, and his breathing is slowing.

"Long day?" I ask him. Most days for him are long days. He works as a nurse at the local children's hospital.

"Yeah" He mutters groggily against my stomach. "Wanna sleep for a bit? We can just take a quick nap if ya want?" I tell him, stroking his hair with the hand that is not wrapped around him.

"That would be great" He mumbles, half asleep. "Ok, get some rest" I tell him as I continue to play with his soft brown hair.

"I love you" he almost whispers, just loud enough for me to be able to hear.

I look at him, and it appears that he's asleep.

"I love you too" it's true. I do love him. I have since we met in college.

We've known each other for like...6 years.  

Sure, I've dated other guys. He's dated other girls. But I never felt like how I do with him when I was with those guys. And it hurt to see him with other girls.

I feel myself drift off to sleep, and I'm awoken by JoJo gently shaking my shoulder and saying my name.

"Y/n. Y/nnnn" He whines.

"Whatttt" I groan.

"C'mon, we can hang out now that I'm not exhausted!" He says, a bright smile on his face.

"Ok, ok, gimme a second."

We go out to his small living room area, sitting down together, cuddled up as usual.

I take a deep breath in before saying "Hey, JoJo?"

He hums in response and glances at me.

"Before you fell asleep, or right as you fell asleep...you said you love me. Do you actually? Or was that just...I dunno." I ask, not meeting his eyes.

His cheeks go bright red, and he mumbles "I didn't think I said that out loud"

"So you did mean it? You actually love me?"

"Yeah...I have for like...almost five years...I was just too afraid to admit it cuz I didn't wanna lose you if you don't feel the same"

"Did you hear me respond to you after you said that?" I ask him.

"No?"

"I said I love you too. I have for years now" I tell him.

"You do?" He asks, in an almost cautious whisper.

"I do"

The next time i said those two words to him, we were standing at the altar, facing each other, bright smiles and tears of happiness on our faces.

I'm in a gorgeous white dress, and JoJo is in a very nice black suit.

After I say my I Do, the officiant announces "I now pronounce you, Husband and Wife! You may now kiss the bride!"

JoJo dips me, pressing his lips to mine.

"I love you so much, y/n"