Elmer Kasprzak - Sleepy

I was sat on the couch in the living room area of the lodge, book in hand, when all of a sudden the book was taken from me and someone was laying on top of me.

"Hello to you too!" I say, looking at the boy on top of me.

"Mmph"

"You tired, baby?" I ask him and he nods against my chest.

I thread my hands through his dark hair, playing with it gently.

He groans a bit, moving his head so his chin is resting against my chest.

He gives me a sleepy smile, and I press a gentle kiss to his lips.

"C'mon El, we can go to bed upstairs, it's more comfortable up there" I tell him, moving him gently.

He groans, pouting. "Nuh uh. Not moving"

I roll my eyes, pushing him off of me carefully, standing up and picking him up. He's so small, and being a newsie has made me fairly strong.

He wraps his legs around my waist, and his arms around my shoulders.

I carry him up to my bed, gently setting him down before laying right next to him.

He immediately latches onto my side like a koala.

I laugh a bit, wrapping my arm around the boy and drifting off to sleep for the night.

When I wake up the next morning, Elmer is still latched onto my side.

"Baby...baaaabyyyyy....El it's time to wake uppp" I whisper to the boy, gently rubbing my hand up and down his back.

"Nooo too early" He groans

"I know it's early baby, but we gotta go sell papes. If you get up now, we can sell together todayy" I bargain, making the boy shoot up.

"Really?!" He says, eyes wide.

"Yeah!" I tell him, kissing him quickly.

"Ok!"

He has an adorable grin on his face, and I can't resist giving him one more kiss before standing up to get ready.

Usually we don't sell together because we distract each other too much. So, when on rare occasions we do sell together, he gets very excited.

We get ready and I meet him at the door to the lodge.

He wraps his arms around my waist, burying his face in the crook of my neck.

"Ready?" I ask him.

He lifts his head to look at me and gives a small smile. "Yeah, I guess I am"

"Ok, let's go!" I say, taking his hand and pulling him to the circulation gate.

"Took you two long enough!" Finch says when we arrive. I give him a look, and say "this one," I gesture at the boy beside me, "didn't wanna get out of bed"

"Does he ever?"

I glance at Elmer who is now fully pouting.

He makes a not-so-nice hand gesture at Finch, causing me to giggle.

He smiles at me once again, leaning over and giving me a kiss.

"Can you two stop being adorable for two seconds please?" Romeo jokes.

"Never! And don't act like you and Specs don't act the same way" I fire back

"Touche"

We buy our papes and head to my selling spot.

We hawk the headline, and as night falls, I see Elmer becoming sleepy.

I quickly sell my last few papes so we can walk back to the lodge.

I know if we don't lay down soon, he will literally fall asleep standing up. He's done it before.

If I keep him from going to sleep, he gets very pouty and whiny.

We make it back to the lodge, and I pull him onto the couch. He falls into my lap, a dopey smile on his face.

"Go to sleep baby, we can go to actual bed in a few hours" I tell the boy, giving him one last kiss before he falls asleep.

I love this sleepy boy so much.

A/n
I had an idea and I ran with it. Elmer is THE fluffy boy.