Kid Blink - Anti-Social

I'm searching the cafeteria for an empty or at least almost empty table I can sit at, because being new, I have yet to make any friends here.

I manage to find a table in the back that has just one boy sitting at it.

I recognize him slightly from my Algebra II class, but I don't know his name since he never seems to talk in there.

I approach the table, and once I make it over there I ask, "Hey, do you mind if I sit here? Everywhere else is pretty much full,"

He looks up from the book he's reading, his blueish green eye studying me for a moment before he says a soft, "sure,"

I'm not quite sure what I expected his voice to be, but I don't think it was that.

It's softer and slightly higher than I think I would have expected from someone as tall and muscular and handsome and... I'm getting carried away here.

I take the seat across from him as he looks back to the book in his hands.

I pull out my sketchbook as I begin eating, and I decide what better to draw than the cute guy across from me.

I enjoy sketching little cartoon-ish pictures of the people around me, and he seems like a good reference.

I start the base of the sketch, trying to get his face shape right. I eventually do, and move onto his facial features.

I glance up at him every few seconds to make sure I'm getting everything right, the eye shape, eye-patch placement, lip shape, nose shape, hair, et cetera.

At one of these points when I'm glancing up at him, I notice he is looking at me.

"Are you drawing me?" He asks in that same soft tone from earlier.

"I, uh, yeah, yeah I am," I tell him, slightly embarrassed.

"Can I see it?"

"Oh, it's not finished yet, so it's still kinda messy but sure, I guess," I say, showing him my sketchbook.

His eye widens slightly and the corners of his mouth twitch upwards slightly.

"This is really cool," He smiles a little more.

"Thanks!" I grin, taking my sketchbook back.

"What's your name?" He asks me, surprising me.

"Y/n, you?" I respond.

"Louis, but I mostly just get called Blink," He tells me.

"Well, Blink, It's nice to meet you,"

He doesn't respond, just smiles and nods before going back to his book.

When I notice there's only a few minutes left of lunch, I take the page out of my sketchbook that I have now finished the drawing of him on, fold it in half, write my phone number on it, fold it in half again, and hand it to him.

He looks at me curiously for a second after taking it, but once he unfolds it once and sees my number on it, he smiles slightly again and puts it in between the pages of his book along with his bookmark.

When I get to my next class, art, a girl quickly approaches me.

"Hey, you're new, right?" She asks me, a sickeningly fake smile plastered on her face.

"Yeah, I am, why?" I respond, not liking this conversation already.

"I saw you sitting with eye-patch kid at lunch, any girl who's been here long enough to see that kid knows he's weird," She says.