Hell

Julie's POV

Julie's POV

"Jules, do you think he will let us eat today?" My wolf, Aphrodite, asked me. "I do not think I will be able to hold for longer. I am too weak." I could feel her pain and weakness. But there was nothing I could do to fix our situation. I was also weak and tired of lacking food.

"I am not sure, A. The Alpha is very angry this week. I do not know what is going on, but I think it is best to stay away from his sight without asking anything." 

Aphrodite growled in my head. "He is not our Alpha. He stole the title from your father and your brother. I can never accept him, you know it."

I kept cleaning the meeting room. It was nearly dinner time, and I still needed to finish my long list of duties at the pack house. We wolves have a speedy metabolism and need more food than an average human to thrive. I had not eaten in almost three weeks, and with each passing day, it was more difficult to perform all my tasks fast.

My body hurts so much from the lack of food. I have not been fed regularly since I was twelve, and my Uncle Michael became my Alpha. I was surprised that my wolf Aphrodite had shown up when I turned sixteen. Two years later than any other werewolf, I was starting to think she would never come. But I am sure her late arrival is due to my lack of strength. I am just skin and bones for being starved.

***

It was nine in the evening, and I was lying curled like a ball on the tiny dirty mattress on the floor. It was raining heavily outside, and the small shed I lived in at the back of the pack house shook violently with the strong wind. Stormy days like today bring my mind to a place I do not like, a feeling I wish I could cut from inside.

"Jules, are you ok? I can feel your pain. The storm will pass soon, sweetie. Don't let your mind go there. Please close your eyes and let me take over. I am weak, but I can use some of my powers to comfort you."

Aphrodite is kind and optimistic, always trying to comfort me and bring me to a better place. The thought of meeting my wolf was the only thing that kept me sane since my parents and twin brother had died on a stormy day, just like today. My wolf was the best thing that happened to me since I lost everything. I lost my family, my pack and my future.

I was lost in my thoughts and did not smell him coming. The rain had masked his scent and even if it was not stormy out, it takes me longer to sense another's presence. They must be much closer to me for my senses to kick in. I was nearly a human at this stage, and I knew my wolf would die soon if things did not improve for us.

My whole body trembled when I saw the monster of my uncle kicking the door and standing there soaked from the rain. I knew what was coming, and I was not sure if I would be able to endure this time. Aphrodite tried to take control, but I closed our connection. I knew she would try something, and there was no way we could take down an Alpha.