Welcome to Hell

Alpha Maximus' POV

Alpha Maximus' POV

"Alpha, remind me again why we must come to this run-down pack?" I took a deep breath before lashing out at my Beta and best friend, Terry. Thanks to my wolf, Ares, I have had a migraine since we started this trip to hell. He was excited and sure that we would find our mate this time. The problem is that he is always confident and gets disappointed in the end. 

"Terry, don't! Our pack needs this."

Terry took his eyes off the road to glance at me and, with a visible frown, said. "What got into you today, Alpha? I've never seen you in a mood like that. You have not spoken the whole trip." 

Massaging my forehead, I said. "It's Ares. He's giving me a headache this time. He isn't letting me organise my thoughts." Terry's eyes got wild, thinking my wolf had a bad feeling about this trip. "Alpha, Is he sensing any danger?"

I took another deep breath. "No! Ares wants our fucking mate. He always gets like that on our visits, but Ares is too agitated this time. I had blocked our connection hours ago to give me some breathing, but this stupid wolf is forcing too much to break the wall giving me more and more headaches."

Terry laughed. "Wait till you tell him you are considering taking a mate in Alliance with another pack. A chosen mate, Ares won't have it, be prepared for the consequences."

I looked outside the window. At least the view towards hell was breathtaking. "He won't have a choice but to obey me. The pack needs a Luna and a future Alpha. I am the one in charge, and we are twenty-five now. We need to mate pronto. He will have to understand his fated mate might never be found."

Terry snorted. He knew how difficult Ares was. "Good luck with that."

Two hours later, we finally arrived in hell, or should I say, at the Woodland Pack. Alpha Michael White was all smiles waiting outside for us with a woman and his Beta by his side. "Terry, I didn't know Alpha Michael had taken a mate." I asked my Beta on the mindlink. "He didn't, Max. She is his fucking buddy."

Michael was in his late forties, and I did not understand why he had not mated yet. Is he still waiting for his fated mate? If yes, he is persistent. I must give him that. I lowered the wall between my wolf and me. We are not in our territory anymore and had to be on high alert. I needed him now more than ever.

"Welcome, welcome, Alpha Maximus. We are delighted to have you here." His young side chick only smiled at me, and I was disgusted with that. 

"Thank you. Alpha Michael, my warriors are very excited. You have many she-wolves here, and I am sure they will find their mates."

Alpha Michael gave me a fake smile, and I knew he was unhappy with the arrangements. He had been pushing for an Alliance for months. But his run-down pack had nothing to offer us. An Alliance with them would not benefit my pack.