His Birth

Julie POV

Julie POV

I took a deep breath, and his scent was strong. I opened my eyes, and I was back in our room. He was sitting on the sofa watching me like last time. This time he looked casual and relaxed. Max wore dark jeans and a light blue button-down shirt with folded sleeves. His dark hair was impeccable, like always.

The curtains were open and bright outside, but it was not very late in the day. I sat down quickly and said. "I am sorry if I am late, Alpha." Max got up from the sofa and looked at me. "That is all right. You needed to rest. Why don't you change and meet me at my office?"

The last time I was at his office did not end well. Will he reject me now? I nodded quickly, and he left the room. "Good Morning, A. My mate wants to talk. Please help me. He will reject me, I am sure of it." With a sleepy voice, she said. "Oh, Jules, don't be silly, sweetie. Now put on something nice and meet him. I am tired and need my beauty sleep."

I cannot believe she will not help me. Ok, something nice, she said. After having my shower, I checked the dressing room and wore a lovely polka dot light pink dress that stopped on my knees and white sandals. My hair was pulling down on my left shoulder, and I took slow steps to his office like I had been sentenced to the guillotine.

Everybody was smiling at me and seemed pleased to see me this morning. I was not feeling well about going to see him. Aphrodite did not see it as her priority this time to help me. I knocked on the door and entered.

From the three-seater sofa by the window, Max said softly. "Please come in, Julie, have a seat." There was a notepad and a pen on the glass coffee table. I did not sit too close to him as I did not want Max to be upset like last time. "You wanted to talk to me, Alpha." He smiled. That was the first time I had seen him smile.

"You don't have to call me Alpha, Julie. You can call me Max." I nodded, and he got the notepad and pen. "What is your favourite colour, Julie?" What? Does he need to know my favourite colour to reject me? "Please, A. Can you help me feel better to get through it?" The silence was all I got from her. I looked at him and said. "It is pink." He scribbled it down and asked another question. "Your favourite season?" I did not want to answer questions. I wanted him to tell me if he was sending me back to uncle Michael. "Autumn."

He looked at me and frowned. Max put the notepad down and ran a hand through his hair. "Julie. I can feel you are uncomfortable here. Am I making you?" Of course, he could sense my feelings. How can I be so stupid? He looked at me with his beautiful green eyes. "I want you to know I am incredibly sorry for what happened to you here. What I put you through while you were under my protection. I didn't protect you as I should have. Can you feel I am sincere? Can you not?"

I shook my head. "No." He looked confused. "I mean, I can't feel anything. You are a high-rank wolf, and Alpha Michael diminished me to an Omega. Can I leave now, please? I am not feeling well." I tried to stand, and he grabbed my hand, moving me back to the sofa. I gasped, feeling the sparks again. It was overwhelming.