The Perfect Ares

Julie POV

Julie POV

Everything was perfect in this wooden cabin, and I could see Max and Ares had put a lot of effort into this place. The ceilings were high, and the living room was open with big glass windows. I sat on the windowsill facing the calm lake. The comfortable cushion under me made this spot even more enjoyable.

Even though everything was enchanting, my head was heavy, and my body felt funny reading the book. My senses were heightened as it was always supposed to be. I could smell the food and sense Max's presence in the kitchen.

"This anxiety inside you won't go away till you learn how to be a true werewolf, Jules. You will not trust him, others or your instincts if you don't let our mate help you." I felt Aphrodite's presence in my mind, and she tried to help me.

"You did not say anything before, A. Why?" She sat on my mind, ready to talk, and I was hoping she would share some clarity.

"Because we have a purpose, Jules. We must follow Selene's plans and stay consistent with them. Bad things have already happened in our world because you were not gifted to him earlier. If I had not kept everything from you since our arrival and had not controlled your emotions when I was stronger, you would not have mated Max. You should have learned many things before finding our mate. You were supposed to be an Alpha's daughter going around packs to find Max. A monster was hiding us from the world, Julie."

I knew Aphrodite was right. I did not know anything, not even things taught to Omegas. I took a deep breath and remembered her words when we were hiding. "In the woods, you said our mate is the key to everything. What did you mean, A?"

"Ares is the strongest wolf now, Jules because we made him. That is how it must be. He accepted his gift not because he was a power-hungry wolf. He accepted us because he knew that was the only way to prevent chaos. He is the key to going against anyone that can make threats against our kind. Our mate will protect our kind even against our male pups that will be sent to us for a reason."

I listened carefully to everything she had to say and was thinking about my family. My twin brother was an Alpha, was he destinated to do something like me for our world? If yes, Michael took it from him. He did not have his wolf when he was killed.

I felt sadness rushing inside me, it was so strong, and I reached out for Aphrodite. "What is it, A? Are you sad?" Her love wrapped around my body." It is not our feelings. It is Max's because you have been in this room for a long time. He doesn't want to make you uncomfortable and is waiting for you to come to him. He has made us lunch. It will take a few days till Ares doesn't need us beside him all the time."

I had read enough for one day. I put the book on the cushion and padded the carpet flooring to the spacious kitchen barefoot. Max already had a bright smile when I opened the door, and I felt the mate bond pulsing. I was sure he sensed me before I opened the door.