Mate

Julie's POV

Julie's POV

I woke up, and my body hurt so much. Uncle Michael's beatings are getting worse each time. I took a deep breath. At least now, I could breathe properly, but when I tried to get up, I could not. I noticed I was still on the floor in the same position he had left me.

"Good afternoon, Jules. I wish you did not push me away when he does that to you. You should let me take all the pain and float to the back of your mind." I would never do that to my wolf. I was taking his beatings for four years before her arrival. And I was scared she would leave me if he hurt her too much. Aphrodite already had to heal my body, and I was sure the beatings and the healing would take too much of her.

"It is ok, A. I let you heal me. That is good enough. Each one takes half of the torture. For how long have you been in charge?"

Aphrodite's kind smile came to my mind. "Nearly four days. It is Saturday afternoon. I concentrated on your ribs. I feared how you were breathing, or should I say not breathing. I will be able to fix your eye and lips now. I am sorry that it is taking too long. The Silver in your blood made me very weak. It will be a while till I can fix your back. Now tell me, why did he hurt you so much this time?"

I closed my eyes, trying to endure the pain. "The Blue Moon pack is visiting. They are looking for their mates. And Uncle Michael got angry with the Alpha."

"Right, and instead of taking it with the Alpha, he used you as his punching bag. Of course, he would never take a real Alpha on a fight." Aphrodite jumped inside my head. "I need to heal you faster now. You need to get up and go outside to look for our mate. That is great news, Jules. We have not received visitors in forever. Our mate could be here right now, and I was too weak to sense him."

"Uncle Michael took everything from us, including the rank. We are Omegas. We smell like Omegas now, A. Do you think the new Alpha was kind enough to bring Omegas too?" Like her, I, too, longed for a mate to take us from this hell and improve our life. "I don't think a warrior would accept us."

Like always, Aphrodite encouraged me with kind words. "Sweetie. Don't think like that, ok? We are beautiful. Selene, the Moon Goddess, selected our mate before you were born. He will come for us soon, take us to his pack, love us and care for us. I can feel it. If he isn't from the Blue Moon pack, he will be from another."

I was trying to be an optimist like her, but it was not easy after all those years. We were less than nothing, and like my uncle said, no wolf would choose us. "What if he finds and rejects us, A? You are beautiful, but I have been disgusted for a long time."

"He won't, Jules. He is destined to love us forever. And enough with that, we were not born to be Omegas. I had enough of this life, and so should you. Our mate will help us heal and make us beautiful and strong again."

Tears filled up my eyes when I remembered Uncle Michael's demands. "I am sorry, A. We are not allowed at the party tonight. Uncle Michael said we couldn't leave this shed or our scent anywhere."