Tears of Happiness

Julie's POV

Julie's POV

I looked outside the window, and a few tears fell. But for the first time, it was tears of happiness. I cleaned them quickly before Beta Terry could see them. "I can't believe my ears, A. We are mated to an Alpha. Uncle Michael won't be able to hurt us anymore or request to have us brought back."

Smiling, Aphrodite said. "Darling. We are mated to the most powerful Alpha. He would kill Michael before he even thought of hurting us. I can't wait to meet his wolf."

After a while, Aphrodite lay down and whimpered in my mind. "What is it, A?" We were travelling for a while, and I knew it was tiring her. "I'm not feeling well, Jules. The silver in our blood is very high, still. I will go away for a while until I can return to heal your back and legs. This long journey isn't helping. Sorry, love, I need to rest. You will be in much pain now that I will not be taking the most of it from you."

It was comprehensible. Aphrodite had been taking all the pain herself for over four days and was exhausted. Wolves take longer to heal with that amount of silver in their veins. But I took even longer as when I got my wolf, uncle Michael had already diminished me to an Omega, and the lack of nutrition made us weaker than Omegas in power.

The minute I felt Aphrodite going numb inside my mind, I took a deep breath. I was always afraid when she had to do this to spare herself. I feared she would not return. And then it hit me, the unbearable pain. I took deep breaths and moved my body to the edge of the seat, so my back would not rub on it and crunch the cuts. But I still had gashes on the back of my thighs and bottoms. The same ones that I was sitting on, and I did not know how long I would be in this position.

So many thoughts came to my mind now that I was alone without Aphrodite. I thought about asking Beta Terry to stop the car to take a little bit of my pain away. I thought about asking to lie on my stomach on the backseat.

But in the end, I did nothing. I held still, in pain, as I had done for six years. But this time, I was afraid my mate would think I was a weakling. He saw me so fast, maybe he did not notice my condition, and If I complained something to his Beta, he would not think twice before sending me back to uncle Michael.

An Alpha from a powerful pack like his would never want a weak mate beside him. Please, Moon Goddess, do not let it happen. Once he marks me, I will be a strong and kind Luna for my new pack. After I start eating regularly, I can show him I can lead the pack by his side. My prayers were interrupted by Beta Terry. "When was the last time you ate?"

I opened my eyes and moved my head in his direction. "I meant we left pretty early, and I don't know about you, but I am starving. There is a stop right in the corner. We could have food if you don't mind us stopping?"

I looked outside, knowing there was no reason to lie. Beta Terry would sense it when he was a higher ranking wolf than I. "I haven't eaten in three weeks. And it would be lovely if we stopped." Beta Terry took a deep breath but did not pass any comments, and I was glad about it. The car stopped outside a diner, and I was thankful that for the next two minutes, I would not be sitting.