Desperation

Warning: This chapter contains a graphic scene of a suicide attempt that might trigger some people. Please skip Julie's POV if you might be triggered by it.

Julie's POV

After a few weeks, Aphrodite finally returned to me, but she did not say what had happened and why we felt that extreme pain. She said she had to go away, and Ares helped her heal. Now she would help me. And we should not speak about it ever again.

But I felt numb and was blocking all the help she gave me. After the heat had passed, my mate never came to us. Ares constantly searched for Aphrodite, but Alpha Maximus did not seek my presence. He never came to my room, not even while I was sleeping. And I knew it was all because of me.

His distance was affecting me more than anything. The food tasted like garbage, and I could not keep anything in, not even after Aphrodite's return. The ache I felt in my soul was too much, and I just wanted to lie down and sleep, too tired to do anything else.

"Jules, what is going on? Why are you rejecting my help?" Aphrodite sat on my mind, and I knew she was worried about me. "Darling, I told you I am better now and would help you. Let me, ok?" I closed my eyes. "He isn't coming because of me. Isn't it right?"

She smiled. "It doesn't matter now, Jules. We need to get you better. Let me help you, sweetheart."

I shook my head and looked outside. "You can't, not this time, A. I can't take it anymore. I need to stop the pain." After my parents died, the only thing I looked forward to was my wolf's arrival, and when she arrived, she helped me endure all the suffering. Every day we hoped we would find our mate, and he would make the ache disappear. He rescued me, but I am still in pain.

Aphrodite deserves a better human, and I hoped she would find a much better companion once I freed her. Someone that would not weigh her down, and that the human mate would love as much as the wolf mate would. "Jules, I don't like the feeling I am getting from you. Lie down. Sweetie, let me take control and heal you."

With fat tears on my face, I whispered "I am sorry, A.", and cut our connection. Aphrodite did not need to suffer any longer. I will put an end to it. I walked to the window. It was around eleven in the morning. The sun was shining, but I knew tonight would be another full moon, bringing back all the pain from the heat. I would make things right today, and Aphrodite would not have to suffer because of me. Not anymore.

I went to the bathroom and saw my face in the mirror. It has been a while since I looked at myself in it. I could not endure looking at it any longer and punched the mirror, cutting my knuckles. The mirror pieces fell on the sink, and I grabbed a sharp piece. I sat on the marble floor and took a deep breath. It will be over soon, I said to myself.

"Please, A, forgive me. It will be for the best. I hope you can find a better she-wolf." I cut first the left wrist and then the right one. The blood started to pour on the white marble floor, and in a matter of seconds, I got lightheaded and collapsed on the cold floor.