Love

Max POV

Max POV

The news had spread like fire, and everybody knew what Julie had done to the people that took her. They did not know anything regarding my pups, and I would like to keep it like that. It would not be safe for everyone to understand what the pups could do.

The Wolf Council's reputation was low; unfortunately, it was my job to restore it. The previous Alphas in my lineage had helped build it, and we needed the Council to create the balance and punish the Alphas that were not doing what they were supposed to do with their packs. Jordan was a greedy wolf, and Ares and I would make sure the Council never had a member like that.

My father was helping me with that. I had Julie to take care of and could not travel. We had so much more land now than before, and everything needed to be addressed. I had allocated many high-rank wolves to look after the land far from the Blue Moon that could not join the existing land we had here, like the former Shadows Pack.

I was checking all the pack's finances when Terry walked in, and I could sense tension coming from him. "What is it, Terry? You are too tense lately. I know many things must be resolved, but we are addressing everything. There is no need for you to be like that."

"It is your mate, Max. She is bugging me about a chosen mate." I got comfortable on my chair and laughed at him. I knew Aphrodite must be the one bothering him.

"It is about time you pick someone, Terry. My pups are arriving soon, and they will need their Beta." He narrowed his eyes at me and sat across my desk.

"Have you talked to your mate? Because those were exactly her words to me some weeks ago."

"No, my friend, Julie has said nothing, but we think alike now." I beamed at him. I could not be happier now.

"Come on, Terry. Give me some credit here, my friend. How about that Beta female? She is beautiful, and I saw you looking at her." He threw a pillow at me, and I caught it in the air and threw my head back, laughing. He knew everyone had noticed it.

"I am surprised Karl has not come to talk about that yet. That is something he would love to laugh about it, Terry." Karl is the funnier of us three, but after Michael had taken Julie from his protection, he was too focused on work and making the pack safer.

"Fine!" His mouth set on a line. He knew he was busted. "I felt attracted to her, and Pluto liked her wolf. I don't know how to explain there was something about her sadness that made me want to help her."

"You know Aphrodite can bind you two together. I am sure she would be pleased to do it." Aphrodite's powers could bring them peace, and Terry needed his other half. He had been suffering quietly for years.

He rubbed his forehead, entertaining the idea. "I need to think about it."

"Well, don't take too long. She is a pretty she-wolf. Besides, my mate has no patience to wait around." Terry looked outside like he was digesting my words and left without saying anything.