Two Little Pups

Max POV

Max POV

At the back porch of the pack house, I shifted back and got a pair of sweatpants stashed there. I inhaled the scent of the blanket and looked at the dark sky before getting in. I thought about how much I missed her. Where are you, little wolf? I whispered to myself.

With her sweet scent around me, I could not think of anything else than finding her. With the blanket in my hand, I walked to the war room, and Terry was the first to smile. "The Witches I brought are helping Sarah break the spellbound of the ones Connor found. Soon they will all be working with Sarah to find Julie, Max."

"Good! Ares and I cannot stand all this waiting and knocking on doors that are getting us nowhere." I was anxious for it to work anything we tried before was a dead end. "Ares cannot feel her for days, Terry. That is driving us mad."

Terry had a tired face. He also had not slept in days. "She might be in a pack cell, Max and the Silver must be blocking her connection with Ares. She is alive and well. You would have felt something if the worse had happened." I could not even think about the worse. I cannot live without my mate.

My father and General Carson noticed my presence in the room and walked towards me, and then it hit me hard. I fell to my knees, gasping for air. My neck was burning, my claws extended, and Ares started to scratch my neck to make it stop.

My father, Terry and the General tried to hold my hand to stop the scratch. "What is it, son?" I could hear my father's faint words floating inside my brain. I shook my head, indicating I did not know what was happening, but I was sure it was coming from my mate.

It stopped. My breath was ragged, and I reached for Ares. My eyes were flashing, going from green to gold, I held tight to the blanket with her scent, and I saw it. I saw with Ares' eyes the Witch torturing her. I saw Michael holding her and Tania watching the scene, pleased with my mates' suffering.

The image was brief, and the pain returned. If I was feeling it strongly, I could not even imagine what my mate was feeling. I heard my father screaming for help. My mother came and put her hands on me, trying to calm my soul with her Luna-kind aura.

Ares' roar from her suffering made everyone in the room get down on their knees. He shifted, ripping the sweatpants and dashed outside. Ares ran for hours to calm down, his mind was stormy, and he was trying to make the visions appear again in detail. I revisited the image several times, and nothing inside that room gave away her location.

Ares stopped on the top of the mountain, and looking at the new moon already turning crescent, he unleashed a painful howl. We heard other sad cries coming from the pack. They were feeling their Alpha's sadness.

I was hopeful that now Ares would be able to talk to Aphrodite. He lay down and covered his eyes with his paws. "Can you reach her now, Ares?"

"I can feel only her pain of being alone. It was all our fault. I told you we should have left this land, Max. You did not listen to me and agreed with her to go fighting and leave her alone." His voice was stormy as his mind. "You didn't even want her. I had to fight with you for you to accept her."