Sweet Memories

3rd person's POV

He wanted to touch her again, to feel her again. That was the only thing he had on his mind the whole day. Tonight he would feel those sweet soft lips against his, not because he wanted to. But because her life depended on it. He would go there again only to help her during the heat.

Those were the lies he told himself repeatedly during the day to justify his demand for the clock to go faster until it was time for him to hold her again in his arms.

Max closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He had the little wolf's scent all over him. After changing her from her wet clothes, he tucked her into bed and lay with her for a few minutes watching the sun come up.

It felt so peaceful and right that he rubbed himself on her like mates do, mixing their scents before he left. He was showing all the wolves that she was his.

Of course, he knew he did not have the right to do that. Max would let her go soon. He had to. But not today. They still had today. The moon would be full, and he could pretend he did not want this. He was there only to help her.

Tonight Terry did not have to call for him. He was already climbing the stairs when the moon shone beautifully in the dark sky. She looked small on the bed. Her eyes were closed, her skin was already burning up.

Max only hoped that soon he would see those beautiful grey eyes again, and indeed he saw them. She opened her eyes the moment he carried her to the cold bath.

He kissed her, longing to feel those sparks again that only she could give him. The satisfaction in his heart was whole. He held and touched her where no other wolf ever had.

Now it is all over. Max could not go to her anymore. The full moon had passed, and he could not eagerly wait like a pup for nightfall. But Max still could hang a litter longer on the memories. He did not have to box them inside his mind where he would never revisit them.

Not yet, Max told himself. He smiled and thought about how he desperately wanted to slide his fingers inside her just a little bit on her third and last night in heat, and he nearly did.

It would be his last time touching her like that, being intimate with the mate the Moon Goddess had picked for him. He would never feel that with a chosen mate.

He licked his lips and could still feel the sweet taste when he had kissed her lips just a few hours ago, the sensation of the sparks flying in his mouth. It was unique and magical.

He was hard, very hard, thinking of their sweet moments. And then another scent engulfed his thoughts and his office. A scent he knew very well. He opened his eyes, and there she was, not his little wolf but Tania, sitting on his desk.

Looking at the massive volume on his trousers, she asked. "Were you thinking about me, darling?" Like a fox, Tania came ahead of her father and the rest of her pack. All she had on her mind was to convince the powerful Alpha Black to accept the Alliance and take her as his Luna.