An Intrigued Witch

Max POV

Max POV

I would have kissed her if I had not sensed the Omega outside with our dinner. Talk about perfect timing. I frustrated sighed, and Ares came to my mind. "I think you should read the book "the perfect mate" to learn everything because you are not doing a good job, Kid. I am sure our library has it."

Setting the table, I rolled my eyes. "Ares, there is not such a book. Can you let me think because you are not helping?"

"Well, you better find one, kid. Or this overwhelming feeling won't go away."

"We feel what she feels, and you read her thoughts. She still thinks we are rejecting her." He stood up, ready to fight me on this. "Hold on there, Max. There is no "we" I was never going to reject her."

"I know it is all my fault, Ares. Can you get over it already? Do you think after the mating, this will go away?" Ares relaxed again and sat down thinking. "I am not sure, Max."

"Ares, you have become useless and cannot even help me with a simple task. Should you not be an expert in mating?" I groaned. "I am good at accepting what the Moon Goddess gave us. You are the one that has got us into this situation. Now, where are we with all the preparations? Have those pups gone back to work?"

He lifted his head in superiority. "I wanna everything of the best for our mate, and I want the council out of here before it. Their presence here is what is causing her so much discomfort."

Julie's thoughts were loud and clear. She thinks they would be leaving with her from here. I knew Ares was right. I finished preparing the table for us; that was my first time arranging a table. Julie was still inside the water, and even after what I said, she had concerns about her role as a Luna. I knew that was entirely my fault, and I concentrated on the mate bond, giving her comfort.

I felt her leaving the water, and while I waited for her to get dressed, I mindlinked Terry. "Where are we with the claim, Terry? Ares, will not have them here for the Luna Ceremony. They better leave my territory before it. Jules isn't feeling well with their presence here."

"They are all here in the dining hall expecting your presence. And may I add sitting on your table just wanting for the Alpha." I massaged my forehead. I knew they would be at dinner. That was precisely why I asked dinner to be brought to us. "Make an excuse, Terry. Julie is not well."

"Right. There is something else. Kell and Ferdinand will return to the Capital, but Jordan and Robbie are heading elsewhere. An Omega heard Jordan talking to Robbie, but she couldn't hear where. Jordan stopped talking when he sensed her presence. But it is not good. Where would they go together?" I knew Jordan was up to something. It was like I could feel it. Robbie only goes anywhere when they need someone killed. If Julie were a Witch, he would have killed her to ensure we would not mate. The investigations only started now. They would wait to be heading to take Michael.