Lust

Max's POV

Max's POV

It had been nearly a week since Aphrodite shifted to her wolf, and I was used to her sassy manners and even enjoying her company. We would run every day together, and I would hunt for our meals. Each day, I found it harder to fight the mate bond. It was fast growing stronger, and it was becoming harder to stay away from her. She was everywhere, and, of course, the pack had been talking. She never left my side, even at the meetings.

Everybody that saw her by my side praised her beauty. She was not like any other wolf we had seen before. And I could feel how happy she felt at those moments. Like they have accepted her even without knowing that she was their Alpha's mate. Sleeping was becoming harder. I had the pull to lie beside her on the makeshift bed. And last night, I shifted into my wolf and slept beside her, making her warmer.

Today she was quiet. She was only lying on her favourite spot on my sofa, looking outside while I worked. "I wish to rest in our bedroom" I got up to bring her. "No. You are busy. Please stay and ask someone to open the door of our wing for me." Aphrodite always used the word "our" with everything that was mine. But I no longer feel annoyed by her words. It was like I wanted to share everything.

I mindlinked a female Omega, and she escorted her there. I was engrossed in work when a panicked Terry walked in. "We have a problem, Alpha. Alpha Michael discovered Julie is here and is threatening to go to the council if you don't bring her back today."

I slammed my fist on the table. "How dare he make any demands and threaten me? It took him two months to figure out she was on the list I gave him. I don't know what happened to her there. He is responsible for his pack. She wasn't being looked after there. Julie won't be going anywhere."

"Let this runt come here trying to take our mate, and I will bite his head off. We should attack his pack, Max." Ares was raging, but he was not alone. I had the urge inside my body to protect her. "He is threatening to take what is ours. Max. We must retaliate."

A smiley Terry asked. "What does it mean, Max? Are you accepting her as your Luna? We must give her back if she isn't mating anyone in our pack. You know the rules. You can't protect her if you aren't her mate." I snarled at him and went for a run. I needed to think.

When I returned to the pack house, it was already evening. I was still angry and needed her scent to calm me down. When I entered the bedroom, she was already waiting for me in a sitting position by the door. She looked into my eyes and shifted back to her human form in less than a minute.

I gasped. She looked healthy. No bones sticking out, her face was no longer skinny, and her skin was glowing. She pulled her beautiful dark blonde long hair on her left shoulder. Her breasts were perky and full. Aphrodite's lips and cheeks were rosy pink. She was at the same height as before but gorgeous—a perfect she-wolf.

My green eyes darkened from lust, and my cock got hard. I moved my hands to grab her, but she stepped back and said firmly. "No! What you feel is lust for my body, not love. I won't allow it." Aphrodite walked to the dresser, and I widened my eyes in shock when I saw her back. The scars were gone, and her skin was flawless. It was impossible. It should have been damaged for life.