The Wolves' Legend

Max POV

Max POV

I was having the time of my life teaching the little one how to shift. While we were like that, we were getting closer and strengthening the mate bond. "If you get down on all fours for the first time, it will be easier, Julie. Later you might learn how to shift mid-air, but I have to say only Alphas do that. Other wolves usually crouch down and shift."

I smiled at her encouraging her to do it, but all Ares and I wanted to do with her in that position were mate her again. Ares was restless. He wanted to be let out to play. "Can you give me a minute, Ares? I am trying to teach her how to shift here, buddy. You know how important it is." He sat there on my mind impatiently, as always. "I want to come out, Max! Yesterday was not enough. You got back control in the morning without asking."

I snorted. "I do not need your permission, Ares. Now quiet until she shifts, and I might let you out to play later." He groaned. "It is always later for me, right, Max? Never me first." I paid him no mind and crouched down to help her. "It will not hurt this time, Julie. You do not have to be scared. It is natural! Concentrate on the beautiful Aphrodite form, and it will come."

Julie took a deep breath and closed her eyes to concentrate. The shift started slowly but progressed. Ares finally quieted down and felt pleased that she was doing it. When I saw the stunning white fur, a euphoric voice came on the mindlink telling me how glad she was. "I did it, Max. I did it." I laughed at her voice. The sound was so young and fresh, like she was a pup learning it for the first time.

But it only took her a few seconds to land on her face, and I had to suppress the need to laugh hard it was amusing. Ares, on the other hand, didn't do the same. He was laughing in my mind. "Now, you must learn how to stand and walk, little wolf." I told her that while petting her soft fur. She looked at me, and I felt love pulsing on the mate bond. It was coming from her.

"Come on, Ares. Let's show our little mate how to do it." Of course, Ares and I had to show off, and we jumped and shifted in two seconds in the air. Sure she would be impressed by our skills. I nudged her with my snout, helping her stand. Her legs were wobbly like she was on the ice, but I held her with my body. "Julie. Use your front paws first to move and the ones on the back to keep you on the ground first. Then, the back paws will follow. We can go slowly." I moved slowly for her to see, and she copied it without returning her face to the ground.

I chucked. "There we go, you are doing it." We started our journey slowly towards the beach, and I always kept my body beside hers. My body was nudging her back up when she began to lose balance. "How is that for a perfect mate, Ares? Thinking of everything possible before it even happens." He shook his head. "You learned everything from me, Kid!"

Before we knew we had arrived at the beach and were leaving our footprints on the soft white sand. "We should shift back to get into the water, Julie. You will enjoy it more in human form. It will be just as before, but now concentrate on your human form, and it will come."