Witch

Julie POV

Julie POV

I woke up, and my mate was sitting on the sofa, already dressed for the day, looking like a perfect Greek God. Yesterday was the first time I saw him. The day he found me at Woodland Pack, his wolf was in control. I wanted to know him. I wanted to know why he had been distant since I arrived. Mates should be together. Right?

He was staring at me, and I sat up quickly. He must be busy with his Alpha's duties, and I could not disappoint as Luna. "Good Morning, Alpha. Sorry if I slept more than I should have. I don't know the rules yet." I was sure I did not sleep much more than I should have because the sun was coming up only now.

His face gave nothing away. He got up and said. "I want you to get dressed and meet me in my office. We need to talk." His voice was voided by emotion, like he was trying hard. He left the room, and it did not feel right.

I got up quickly, took a shower, and put on a lovely green dress and white sandals. I combed my hair on a side braid and found lip balm on the new things he had provided. Aphrodite guided me to his office and told me to stay calm. Before I knocked on the door, I felt the love rushing inside my heart, and I knew it was from her.

When I entered the room, my mate was near the window, and his back turned to me, staring outside. "Have a seat, Julie." He seemed odd, and I felt like I had to explain myself. "Are you angry at me because of yesterday? I won't leave again without your permission."

He stood by the window and ran a hand through his dark, silk hair. "That isn't the reason I called you here. You were at the Blue Moon Pack because I wanted to help you heal. And you are now healthy, and it is time for you to leave."

Tears filled my eyes, and that lonely feeling returned to me. "But why? I am your mate. The Moon Goddess chose me for you at your birth to help you lead this pack." Is he going to reject me now? No, he cannot. I thought all was well. I felt the love pulsing inside my heart again. Aphrodite was trying to keep me calm. "I don't understand. I was chosen for you before I was even born. And you are sending me away."

He finally sat down on the chair across his desk. He looked at me with the same empty eyes as before. "It doesn't matter. I had made decisions before I met you, and I must think for the sake of my pack. You haven't had Luna training. You aren't prepared to lead a pack of this size. Perhaps if I wasn't the Alpha of the Blue Moon, I could accept you, but that is not the case."

My heart was hurting again. I did not know what to do or say to change his mind. He could not send me back to Michael. I would rather die by rogues than let this happen. "Alpha Michael robbed my pack. It is rightful mine now that my brother is dead. If you announce me as your mate, you can claim it as yours. I had two years of training on pack knowledge with my brother when I was a pup. I know it isn't enough, but I promise to learn fast. I had already started since I got here."