Aphrodite

Max's POV

Max's POV

The following day I woke up early. Last night I made a makeshift bed for the little wolf near my bed. I left her in a peaceful sleep and went to have a shower. "You know, whenever I tell you to shut up, you never obey me. What will I have to do for us to go back to a good place?" No response. "Ares!!! I'm talking to you."

Only after I finished my shower did he decide to talk. "You already know, Max." I sighed. "I can't accept her, Ares. You hurt your pack because of her. You were out of control because of her. If she dies, and let me tell you, it won't need much because she is weak, you will die, and so will our pack. Get into your head that we are responsible for their survival. A destined mate isn't good for you. Start listening to me for once."

Howling in my head, he went away. Why does he have to be so complicated? Annoyed, I returned to my room wearing only a towel, and the little wolf was standing in the middle of my room in a perfect, gracious wolf position. Her pink eyes sparkled more than in her human form.

I had to agree with Ares. She was a stunning white wolf. "Good Morning, Handsome. Thanks to me, your body is even more carved like a Greek God. And Jules will have much fun with you."

"Ares, this wolf of yours is a sassy little one, isn't she?" Now, I knew why she was meant for him. Like Ares, she was full of herself. "Buddy, I can't wait to mate her. She is it!" Ares howled in content.

"Good Morning, Aphrodite. I can see you are fully recovered. And I don't know what you are talking about. But I don't owe you anything." She perked her ears up. "Don't worry, Max. You will find it soon enough."

I went to my dressing room and got ready quickly. I did not have time for that. I had been away from my pack for too long playing perfect mate, and I did my part yesterday. She can be alone for a few hours. My scent in this room will help her.

"Right, Aphrodite. I need to look after the pack. You can rest here. My scent will help. I have mindlinked the doctor. He will check on you during the day to be sure nothing went wrong with the shift."

I opened the door to leave, and she barked twice. "Handsome. I'm not Jules. I won't let you lock me anywhere. I want to be seen and loved by our pack. I'm the definition of beauty and the rightful Luna. I was born for you and them. They will be proud to have me. If you thought I would let that she-wolf pretending to be Luna run our pack down, you should think again." With that, she walked out of the room, leaving me behind. Ares was laughing in my head and wagging his tail. "I told you she was perfect, kid."

I went after her, thinking about what I would say to the pack about a white wolf running around. I was right behind her, and she seemed to know everything about the pack. I bet that Ares had shown off the pack house.

She stopped outside my office and waited till I unlocked the door. She ran straight to the sofa by the window. Her delicious scent filled the air and mixed with mine. Now my office will smell like her even when she leaves, which was exactly her plan. Another one joining Ares on his revolution against my wants.