Dinner Time

Max POV

Max POV

I closed the door of our room behind me and left for my office. I hadn't been there in a while, and before opening the door, I had already smelled Terry and Karl waiting for me. Sitting on the sofa by the window, they smiled at me, but I sensed something was wrong. "Hello, lads."

"Hey, Max, how is our Luna?" I joined them, and Karl was the first to speak. Happiness invaded my body just as her name was mentioned. "She is in the room resting till dinner. She gets tired still sometimes, it is a lot to take in, but I think a few more days and Julie will be like one of us."

Terry and Karl were in charge of everything and never contacted me while I was at the wooden cabin with Julie. I was eager to find out if the Council was getting ready to kill Michael. "How are we with the claim against Michael?"

Terry was quiet. "What is it, Terry? I know we have a problem. I can sense it."

"Alpha Michael escaped." I could not believe the news that came out of Terry's mouth.

"WHAT????" A groan came from my mouth. Ares was not pleased. "How did that happen? And the most important question is why I was not informed?" How did both of them keep it from me for that long? They should have informed me straight away.

Terry lifted his hands in his defence. "Max, I did everything you would have done. I sent the trackers and scouts and even went to the Woodland myself. But when the Council called us, he was already missing for five days. The trackers didn't have anything to go on when they got there. The trail is cold, and we don't know where he is right now."

I narrowed my eyes. "Something is wrong. Why would the Council hold critical information like that for so long? They would have contacted us first, and we would have helped with the search. They know we are more skilled and have more resources than them."

"Max, maybe it is because, for the first time, you have a claim. They know they messed up and were hoping to find Alpha Michael before we discovered their mistake."

"Their mistake is much bigger now, Karl! They didn't only lose him, but they also slowed us down. If our trackers had been there as soon as he fled, he would have been in our cells right now."

I went to my desk and got my phone to call Kell because if I talked to Ferdinand, I would get even angrier with his soft talk. Kell picked up on the first ring like he was expecting my call any day. "Hello, Alpha Maximus."

"Cut the pleasantries, Kell. Who informed Michael that you were coming? Because we both know someone leaked it, or he would not have fled." I did not know if it was my new powers, but I was sure something was wrong with this claim, and Michael had help.