She is Weak

Max's POV

Max's POV

Terry gasped beside me. She was bloody and battered. I could see all her bones sticking out on her back. She was only skin and bones, and had so many scars and bruises, old and new, that I could not even count. Her legs were like two bones, and I was unsure how the little wolf walked up there.

All the cuts were infected. It takes a lot for us to get an infection like that. It only showed how weak in healing she was. I could not accept her. She would kill me with her, and my pack would not survive without an Alpha. They did not have a future Alpha yet. My lineage would disappear.

"Why is she not healing, Max?" I heard Terry asking. "Because she is weak, Terry!" Doctor Paul looked at me. "Does she have a wolf?" I glanced at Terry. He might have the answer. I had not felt her wolf yet. "I think so. She asked me if we would be travelling in wolf form."

Doctor Paul started to explain her injuries. "By the look of the cuts, they were inflicted by silver. Her wolf likely has become very weak with it. I will run some tests. Does she have a mate? The closeness might help." Doctor Paul was very professional and did not bluntly say his thoughts. Of course, he already had figured out she was my mate by my early reaction. But I could trust him not to spread anything outside this wing.

I still needed to talk to Terry. I did not know if she had come willing or forced by him. Suppose she had a mate or a lover back at Woodland Pack. "I want you to run all the tests on her, a thorough checkup. Look for wolf marks and everything else. Help her heal." I commanded doctor Paul.

I had to leave. I could not be in the same room as her anymore. I left for my office on the first floor. I poured a drink and massaged my forehead. Ares was trying hard to break our wall. He was a handful when he got like that. I knew my mother would be an excellent person to seek for advice, but I could not go to her. She would back Ares on it, and both would start a revolution against my thoughts.

I knew what was best for the pack and sure was not that corpse lying upstairs. I would help her heal and reject her once she was feeling well. I knew if I did it now, she would die. She seemed innocent enough, and I do not kill innocents.

Two hours later, I heard a knock on the door, and doctor Paul and Terry walked in with a file. "Alpha. I cleaned and dressed all her wounds and gave her something for the fever." He put the file on my desk. "Here are her checkup results. Her lineage will take a few days to come back from the lab. She was unmated and had no wolf marks."

I am sure if Ares were hearing it, he would howl in satisfaction. His little mate was waiting for him and never gave herself to another wolf. Too bad I blocked him. 

"As you can see, she is severely underweight. She will have to gain some weight to help her wolf recover. She indeed has a wolf, but she is fragile, and I could not reach out to her. There was a high amount of silver in her blood, and I gave her something to help clean it. But that is as far as I can go. Her wolf must do the job."