no hating, just caring.

So here I am writing to tell myself or who ever needs to hear this, that people only show you the sides of them they want to. They will agree and act like they're on the same page, just to tell you later they weren't. This sort of thing will make your memories hazy and have you questioning if your relationship with them was as genuine on their end as you thought it was. You will have a hard time figuring out if what they said in the past was the truth or if what they're saying now is. Let me be the one to tell you that you won't ever know until their ego is stripped back.

No one teaches us how to prepare for the amount of pain when someone you love becomes a version of themselves that they aren't. Watching them become everything they swore they would never be is gut wrenching and no one teaches us how to carry the baggage of the person we once knew.

But listen to this and this is something I've had to learn the hard way, loving them harder won't change them and proving you're always there won't make them value you more. The only person and I mean only person who can help is God and God alone. Pray, fall to your knees, cry to Him if you have to because only His hands can heal the broken and lead back the strays. And if you have to think about it this way, asking God for help is your way of helping them. Almost everything is out of your hands and in Gods.

So whatever they're going to do even if it hurts, let them. Pray for their heart and soul on the side lines and care from a distance. Let them, let go, and let God 🙏🏻