RWBY

The video is the first scene of RWBY... the volume's pretty low, may need to turn it up

I'll post a warning before any spoilers

RWBY (pronounced 'ruby') is an epic animated series by a company called Rooster Teeth (the name... I don't even know). The animation is NOT top notch by any means (well, not the people. The weapons, however, are a work of art. Crescent Rose has an incredible design), and really it looks like one big cutscene from a video game. It's definitely got the fighting scenes and creatures to look like a cutscene.

The plot: The world us partially overtaken by the creatures of Grim. Dark creatures that live to destroy mankind and its creations. Hunters and Huntresses are the protectors of the world, which is called Remnant. In Remnant, a substance called Dust is used to control elements and other powers, keeping the creatures of Grim at bay. There are three kingdoms of Remnant, the main one in the story being Vale. Currently there is discrimination against the Faunus, a species of animal-human people. The once peaceful Faunus support group called the White Fang is causing trouble around the kingdom. In Vale, there is a desirable Hunter/Huntress academy called Beacon. Ruby Rose has two more years to go at Signal, a prep school to ready her for Beacon. Then, she gets recruited by Ozpin, the headmaster at Beacon. She moves forward two years and attends Beacon with her older sister, Yang Xiao Long.

Ruby gets put on a Hunting team with three other students, her partners for the rest of the year. Weiss Schnee, of the Schnee Dust Company. Blake Belladonna, of a past living outside the safety of the kingdoms, and Yan Xiao Long, Ruby's thrill-seeking big sis. They make team RWBY (their initials- Ruby, Weiss, Blake, Yang). And it is awesome.

There are other teams featured, JNPR (juniper), CRDL (cardinal), and CFVY (savvy).

The soundtrack is one of the best parts about the show. I discovered the show through This Will Be the Day. My favorites are This Will Be the Day, I May Fall, Red Like Roses, Time to Say Goodbye, From Shadows, Mirror Mirror, Die (it's not a bad song like it sounds), and Boop is okay

Really it's a great show and some of the songs I think have bad words in them (all I can think of right now is I Burn, a-word)

If you would want to start watching it, start with the trailers before seeing volume 1. Watching the trailers in order would also help. Watch the Red trailer, White, Black, then Yellow. Red has the most fighting in it, warning. White is good but there's lots of high-pitched stuff, Black is sad and Yellow rocks

Okay, spoiler alert from here on out for RWBY!

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

I wanna kinda talk about the main four characters

Ruby:

Ruby is a pretty good protagonist. She's based off Red Riding Hood, but far more kick-butt. The Red trailer brings up a few questions, though. Later in volume 2, Yang is talking to Blake about Ruby, and mentions the passing of Ruby's mom (Yang and Ruby have different moms), Summer Rose. Yang said Ruby was upset, but "I think she was still too young to really understand what had happened". I think Ruby's more upset about Summer than Yang realizes. Ruby's usually all upbeat and stuff, but her very first appearance ever is in the Red trailer when she's standing at Summer's gravestone. Her hood is covering her face, but she's frowning. And at the end of the trailer, after the battle with the wolves, Summer's outline is shown in the background. Idk, I just think if Ruby's first impression was grieving at Summer's grave, she's still upset. Otherwise, Ruby is a fun character and I LOVE Crescent Rose's design so much

Weiss:

Based off Snow White, Weiss is a very hate-able character until you hear Mirror Mirror. I actually don't know a lot about Weiss. She's bitter towards the White Fang for causing so much trouble for her family, but I think there's more to it than that. "Entire trains of Dust... gone. And every day, my father would come home furious. And that made for a very rough childhood." She also has a younger sister, Winter, which wasn't pointed out until volume 2. There's a lot about her that she keeps in the dark. Her sword is the only one that doesn't turn into a "high impact sniper rifle", I think.

Blake:

Blake is based off Belle, ad her old White Fang partner, Adam, is the Beast. Without ANY warning or clues at all, at the end of volume 1 it's revealed that Blake is a cat Faunus. I had to replay it a few times, it was crazy. Blake's got the internal conflict, not sure whether or not she should be on the side of the White Fang or Beacon. She took the ordeal with the White Fang a lot like I would. She became rather obsessive and panicky over it. Otherwise, she's usually cool-headed.

Yang:

I'm not actually sure who Yang is based off. Rapunzel? Her hair is usually stressed. Either way, there's really nothing to be said about her. She's hardcore. Her semblance is the most interesting- with every hit she takes, she gets stronger. I don't know if there's symbolism there with her character and tasks she faces, but it's pretty awesome.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Well, that's all I've got...anyone else watch RWBY?

Cyan out