The Joy of Siblings

The Joy of Siblings. Oh man. I think this chapter will be very relatable to others, yes?

Those of you who read my fanfiction will know that I recently got hit pretty hard in the head by a softball thrown by my center fielder, no concussion, but I've been a little "off", you could say, with random headaches, and hating glares from outside.

Well, we recently had family over for the 4th of July, and (of course) my mom decided that morning was the PERFECT time to clean the entire house. Nine rooms, not counting two separate basements and two large attics.

Anyways, I'm upstairs with my mom and big sister, cleaning out some boxes from the attic. My sister, who played pitcher for our high school varsity softball team (now going into college this fall), had/has lots of trouble with her pitching arm, more specifically her shoulder.

So she claims she cannot lift anything.

Including boxes from the attic.

What. She can carry her huge, heavy (heavier than a box) batbag WHILE playing softball, but now, when she is no longer actively playing, she cannot pick up a BOX.

Okay. Fine. Whatever. So I point out that my knee, both my arms, my stomach, and especially my head hurt like crazy, and even I can pick up the box.

"Well, it's your fault, you wouldn't have gotten hit in the head if you had been paying attention."

At this I am ready to blow up.

We were warming up, I had my back turned, I had no warning from the thrower, and there was no reason to make the throw in the first place. It was not MY fault.

And my sister wasn't even THERE! My COACH/Dad was the one who had to help me stand up and get me ice and stuff while she was at home texting or on her laptop.

So no, it wasn't my fault, sis, do your homework.

I could still lift the box though.

And made fun of her for it.

lol. XD

~~~~~~~~

Well, that was the story on big sis, let's go to little sis, shall we?

Now, little sis, we'll call her Jay (her nickname) for this, is much more tolerable than big sis. She watches Slugterra and Storm Hawks and stuff with me and she simply isn't as aggravating.

But sometimes she feels the inexplicable desire to get me in trouble.

For the dumbest things, I swear

Just today, we were at my cousin's hotel, swimming around, and Jay was on this pool raft. Because I can hold my breath underwater for a pretty long time (any Percy Jackson fans out there? Daughter of Poseidon! xP), I decided to mess around and sneak up on her.

So I take a breath, go underwater, and swim across the pool floor, with my eyes open (I have a tolerance to chlorine, I swim all the time) and come up under the raft.

Well Jay panics and just screams and rolls off the raft into the water. I didn't even get close to her, I was at the very least and foot away.

I watch, confused for a second (I'm still underwater), then surface to ask what that was all about.

I surface to an angry mom, and Jay, who has insisted that I snuck up on her and pushed her off the raft.

I (calmly. sorta) explain that I didn't even touch her, I got close to her and she abandoned ship or something, but no.

Because Jay is the youngest therefore everything she says in completely true.

So I got in trouble for something I didn't do.

Don't y'all just LOVE siblings?

They burst into your room firing Star Wars guns, post embarrassing pictures of you on their Snapchat story, make fun of your fandoms, lock you out of your phone, and so much more.

And yet you have a bond and can work together to pull some pretty awesome pranks.

~~~~~~~~

So, how was that for the first chapter?

Comment the annoying things your siblings or family members do! A dedication will go out to the commenter with my favorite post :D

Cyan out!