Algebra (not really) and Wolf Spiders

Yesterday was our second to last day of school (today is our last- I'm writing this while watching Planet Earth: Jungles in science). Because we're nearing the end of the year, if you don't have to take exams in a class (you get exempt by getting A's for both quarter grades or an A and a B- two A's in high school classes) you don't have to do anything. Algebra is my first class every day. Since I don't have to take that exam, I was listening to music on my Chromebook and playing flOw, which is a really fun game if you want to try it, I'll post the link at some point or you can Google it. One of my classmates was sitting at a table on her Chromebook so she could charge it and use it at the same time.

Around halfway through the class, I look over and see what she's watching on YouTube- Steven Universe, Jailbreak. After waiting until after Stronger Than You (never interrupt Garnet) finished, I got her attention by throwing an eraser at her, because she had both earbuds in. She looked over and I just whisper-sang "we... are the Crystal Gems..." The girl sitting next to me heard and turned around and pretty much freaked out. Turns out she liked Steven Universe too, so the three of us had a conversation about it that dragged over into the talent show we watched. In the end one of my friends asked me to draw Garnet for her, so I did that last night. I had to use a fusion (pun intended) of a lot of reds, pinks and browns to get close to Garnet's color scheme, but I think it turned out well.

Anyways, the one friend I drew Garnet for is now stalking my Steven Universe Pinterest board but eh whatever I found a fellow fan of the space rocks

Now to the second part of the title. Wolf spiders. I won't attach a picture, but they are unholy little beasts unfortunately listed as a "common" spider species in Ohio.

Yesterday during study hall, I was cleaning out my locker, because I knew I would be busy today. I also had my exam exemption form, which each teacher needs to sign. I set the paper down on the floor while I opened my locker, which is one locker away from being right at a corner of the hallway. The corner is at the end of the hallway, right next to the doors that go outside.

I finally remembered my combination and got it in, and

(OMG we're at the FROG PART OF PLANET EARTH YAY LOOK AT THESE SLOW MOTION JUMPS FROM THE GLIDING FROGS YOU TELL ME THAT ISN'T EPIC okay sorry I love frogs. Continuing with the story)

reached down to pick up my exemption form. There was a big blob of dust-dirt next to it, so I started to brush it away.

Then I realized the dust had eight freaking legs.

So I quickly grabbed my paper and was on the other side of the hallway in about half a second.

After some trying not to panic but actually panicking, I got a boy from the closest room to come step on it for me (I can do anything a guy can do but not when the thing has eight legs). Instead of killing it right away, the idiot didn't even think it was real, it was so big. So he put his face right up next to it and blew on the wolf spider. It started running so we concluded that IT WAS REAL and quickly squashed it.

Welcome to Ohio, land of evil bugs and bipolar weather.

Cyan out to keep watching this Planet Earth because I love the Jungle one