Shoutout + Hiatus Notice

HEY guys! I know I haven't posted here much, I've been using the profile Message Boards more to let you all know about chapter updates, but a few stars aligned for a good old Teenage Book update.

I'm gonna start with the not-so-great news to get that out of the way. Tomorrow morning (for me, at least. Tonight for some of you guys) I'll be publishing chapter 21 of Take Back the Light, which is absolutely insane, because it feels like it was JUST August. As of now, I think I'm... four chapters behind schedule? I took one study break and then the whole month of November of for Nanowrimo, but I also did a double update at some point during the Twist Saga™ so I think it's four.

Well, unfortunately, it's gonna start to be more than four.

It is becoming spring in Ohio (you wouldn't be able to tell by the freezing temperatures and snow outside my window but I promise it is), which means softball season is coming up. Season consists of four, five, or even six games a week. That on top of my classes, which are already difficult to juggle with writing because junior year is notoriously the hardest, means that something in my sports-academics-writing triangle is gonna have to give way. Unfortunately, it's the writing part.

So that being said, definitely do not plan on an update next week, because I have a sociology paper to write, and going forward, updates are going to be a whenever-I-can-manage kind of thing. I definitely want to stay on track because I've got SO many cool things planned, but that's life. I'm already planning on making up ground this summer, I've got quite a schedule planned.

Although, next week's Wednesday is a certain lovey-dovey holiday, and while I definitely can't get in another 5k word chapter in by then, I already have a majority of a oneshot written out, so be watching my Slugterra Oneshots book ;)

On to the next part of this update, and the half that is wayyyy more cheerful!

Good friend and excellent writer/artist RainyMeadows has started her own webcomic!! (how cool is that?? because I'm still super pumped over it)

Slugterra fans might know Rainy for her lovely fanfic Cold Northern Waters, featuring her lovely firecracker OC Perry McLinden (who has since been moved to another fandom but is, as always, still awesome), and fans of Storm Hawks / Fullmetal Alchemist were probably at some point moved to tears of either joy or pain from her Wayward Son series. For me it was both.

Her webcomic is called Life After Death, and you can find it at life-after-death-official.tumblr.com, and Rainy is at rainymeadows.tumblr.com!

(Left is Hideaki Shimizu, middle is absolute queen the Grim Reaper aka Shini, right is Kazuki Sasaki)

"Hideaki "Hida" Shimizu's life has been ruined by his uncontrollable telekinetic abilities. In one of many efforts to end his life, he throws himself from the roof of a skyscraper... only for his powers to kick in just as he's about to fall on Kazuki Sasaki, a telepathic would-be detective and passing pedestrian.

Annoyed at the pair avoiding their scheduled deaths, the Grim Reaper tasks Hida and Kazuki with finding restless spirits and helping them reach the afterlife. So begins a bizarre job and an even more bizarre friendship between three unlikely colleagues."

So yeah, it is AWESOME. Rainy's art and writing are both incredible, as always-

- this is one of my favorite pages because holy CRAP look at that cityscape

- this is one of my favorite pages because holy CRAP look at that cityscape. So much detail. I could stare at this for ages. It's already been several minutes. And the characters are all amazing, I love these three already SOOO MUUUUCH <3

So yeah, Life After Death is looking like yet another beautiful work by Rainy, so please go check it out! Again, life-after-death-official.tumblr.com, go shower her in reblogs because she 1000% percent deserves it (even after the emotional turmoil that came from Wayward Son)

Cyan out!✌️