-3-

"Hmm...you have a frown on your face. May I know why?" Joss pulled out a chair with velvet cushions, and ushered Eisaya to take a seat.

"Don't you think, you've ordered too much just for the two of us?" Eisaya suddenly got worried, once she saw the food that had been served on the table, thinking the food might get wasted since she wasn't such a bigeater.

Joss chuckled. "Maybe I have gone overboard. But this is a very special dinner date. So, I want to have the best for my date."

"But....I'm not comfortable with this." Eisaya shook her head while looking at the food. "What will happen if we can't finish the food? Are you going to throw everything away?"

Joss said nothing. He leisurely pulled another chair and sat, facing Eisaya.

"Silence means you are going to throw everything away. Then, I won't eat them. It's better for you to give them to the homeless people, so I won't feel guilty later." Eisaya remarked, thinking of those homeless people who always tried to get whatever leftover food just to feed their hunger.

Joss smiled as he fished out his phone, and texted the chef in charge regarding the food. "Okay. It's done. They will take these food back into the kitchen, pack them up and give them to the homeless people as you wish. And since the food has been taken care of, what do you want to have for dinner?"

"Just like that?" Eisaya gaped at Joss who looked calm and collected. "I don't get it. What's the point of serving them in the first place? You should have waited for me before you ordered the food."

"True....but I have my reason for doing this." Joss replied, folding his arms on the chest.

"And what is your reason?" Eisaya glared at Joss. "Are you testing me out on something?"

Joss beamed. "So, you did notice..."

"I am not stupid, you know." Eisaya scowled sternly. She felt like she was played by Joss. But what was his intention? Why did he ask her to go on a date if all he wanted to do, just to test her out?

"You're upset."

"Should I be happy and throw confettis for passing the test?" Eisaya barked. "I'm here because your men were begging me to come, and this is the hospitality I got from you? I feel so offended. Maybe I should just leave. I don't like being toyed by people like you who think wealth is everything, and wealth can get you everything. I'm not a gold digger!"

"Yes, I am aware of it now." Joss replied.

Eisaya was taken aback by his answer. "Do you really think I'm a gold digger?"

"No."

"Then, why are you testing me out?"

"Just to see the real you."

"Excuse me? This is ridiculous

"Excuse me? This is ridiculous." Eisaya was getting extremely annoyed. "I'm leaving." She got up and started to walk, but as she passed by Joss, the man quickly pulled her to sit on his lap and locked her in his arms. "Hey! Let me go!"

"I will, but hear me out first." Joss pleaded.

"No! Let me go or I scream." Eisaya threatened Joss.

"Go ahead. It will do you no good. The whole building is mine. And the wall is soundproof." Joss beamed thinly. "I'm not going to harm you. Trust me. I just need you to hear me out."

"No!" Eisaya kept struggling, hoping that Joss' embrace would loosen for her to escape. But every move she made was put into a halt when she felt her lips being pressed firmly. Her eyes went wide and she couldn't believe, Joss had the nerve to steal a kiss from her. And for that reason only, he was slapped by her.

"Okay...I deserved to be slap. But I had no choice. I just wanted to make you give your attention to me, and that kiss was the only way."

Eisaya said nothing but glaring at Joss with anger.

"Just hear me out, and I promise I will let you go once I'm done." Joss said softly, and continued once Eisaya had stopped struggling. "To be honest, I have never been in love with anyone until I saw your pictures in the magazine. And immediately I know, you are the fated one for me. But as a human being, I feel scared too. I am scared that you may not be the right person to be my wife, no matter how deep my love is for you. And I can't be selfish and just think about myself. There are others I have to think about as well. That's why the test was conducted to reassure myself, I have picked the right person as my future wife."

"Your future wife? I've never said that I have agreed to be your wife. I came here because your men begged me." Eisaya pointed out the main reason she was there in the first place.

"I know. But I won't give up and let you go that easily without a fight. I'm so in love with you, Eisaya. And I promise, I will make you the happiest woman in the world, if you agree to be mine." Joss said confidently.

"Well, I hate to destroy your fantasy, but I will never be your wife. I don't love you, and I don't even know who you are. And that stupid test, I still don't see how it's related to me being the right person. So, please stop thinking that I am your fated one, because I'm not. I will only marry the man I love, not you unfortunately."

"What if I make you fall for me, will you be my wife then?" Joss said with a serious expression.

"No. Because you have lost your chance. You have upset me, and I don't think I want to be in the same room with you."

"But what about our dinner date? Should we at least have a decent dinner?" Joss asked, so he could use that time to make amend with Eisaya.

"I have lost my appetite." Eisaya stated sternly. "Please let me go, and please don't ever come near me again or send your men to beg for forgiveness."

Joss reluctantly released Eisaya from his embraced and quickly grabbed her wrist before she could leave the room. "I know we've started off on the wrong foot, but can you please give me another chance?" He asked sadly.

"Sorry, but my answer is still no."

"My lost then..." Joss huffed heavily as he called the bodyguard, directed him to escort Eisaya back to the limousine.