-30-

"Leaving already?" Asked Masahiro when he saw Gulf got up from the bed.

Gulf stopped walking instantly. Slowly, he turned his head towards the voice. He was surprised to see Masahiro, sitting quietly in the same room.

"Don't leave yet. You are not well enough." Masahiro commanded, eyeing the man with fondness.

"So, it's true then. You are Mr. Wayar's best friend." Gulf remarked.

"Yes, I am."

"Does this mean, he was telling the truth about you, being appointed as the new leader? The King of the Yakuza?" Gulf asked suspiciously. The news hadn't reached him yet, so, he couldn't accept it until it was proven to him.

"I am." Masahiro retorted calmly.

"I don't believe you. What happened to the former leader?"

"Dead." Masahiro responded briefly. He got up from his seat as he walked over to get something from the dressing table. It was a photo of the dead leader. He passed it to Gulf, for him to have a look, so, he would believe that the leader position had been given to him.

"Why you of all the people? Why did they appoint you to be the leader?" Gulf crumpled the photo and threw it away.

"Do you think, I shouldn't take the position? Do you think I don't deserve to be the leader?" Masahiro queried while fondly stared at the beautiful man in front of him. It had been a while since he last saw him. Gulf was still young back then, so he had to refrain himself from pursuing Gulf. But now that Gulf had blossomed into a dropdead gorgeous man and matured enough to be in a relationship, he didn't want to hold back anymore.

Gulf's eyes were on Masahiro. He didn't know what he was thinking, why he said that to him. But deep down he was well aware that Masahiro's new position would create a gap between them. Masahiro was too far for him to reach now. And after what he did to Joss, Masahiro wouldn't even look at him the same. Who would want to be with someone who tried to terminate his best friend?

 Who would want to be with someone who tried to terminate his best friend?

"Are you done thinking about me?" Masahiro questioned the younger. Obviously, Gulf was thinking about him.

Gulf looked away, forcing himself to hide the emotion that wanted to emerge desperately.

"Despite what you think, I am the leader now. You have to obey my command. Abort the mission. And become my Queen." Masahiro stated as he moved closer to Gulf.

Gulf was surprised to hear Masahiro's last remarks. His brows were furrowed, and he couldn't stop fidgeting when he heard the word 'Queen'. Did he hear him right? His Queen?

"I've been waiting for this moment for a very long time, Gulf. But....I have to prioritize my plan to take the throne first. That's the only way I can be with you. But, I didn't know, I almost lost you in the process. Why didn't you tell me that you are one of the Yakuza's assassins? Why didn't you tell me anything? Don't you trust me?"

Gulf bit his bottom lip. "I have my reasons." He took a step back to create the gap again. The safety gap, even when he did feel safe around Masahiro.

"Tell me your reasons. Are you doing it because of me? I don't like it, Gulf. Because....I am not there to protect you. But that will change. I'm the leader. I can protect you now. No one is allowed to harm my Queen."

"I'm....I'm not your Queen..." Gulf swallowed nervously. "A Queen should be a woman."

"Logically, yes. But I want a man to be my Queen. I want you, Gulf. It has to be you. I don't want anyone else but you. Just you." Masahiro adamantly said. He made his choice when his first time saw Gulf. Gulf was a friend of the former leader's son. He saw him at school when he had a meeting with one of the teachers.

Thankfully Gulf wasn't there when the son got killed. Or the leader might kill him too for not protecting his son. And that was the main reason, he had to take the throne. To protect Gulf. But he didn't expect the former leader had a plan for Gulf. Gulf might be forced to avenge the son's death. That would be the reason, Gulf was trained as the assassin without him knowing, just because the former leader knew he was very fond of Gulf. And that man probably wanted to use Gulf since he knew Gulf was his weaknesses.

"Why me? We hardly spoke to each other." Gulf still couldn't grasp the fact that he had been chosen to be the Queen when what they had been doing all those years, were staring at each other only. No one had said a word. Neither him nor Masahiro had made a move. So, how did Masahiro think, he would agree to be his Queen? Wasn't that absurd?

"We might not speak in words. But....," Masahiro gingerly touched Gulf's face, "...we spoke through our eyes. You knew I have been watching you. And I also knew you've been watching me too. I could detect your feelings through your gaze, Gulf." He uttered while having his right palm on Gulf's nape. "You love me, don't you?"

Gulf sighed and looked down. "So? Is that the reason you want me to be your Queen? Even though you feel nothing for me."

"I feel everything for you, Gulf. I had to strike a deal with Joss, to ensure that he didn't kill you, even after you almost put a bullet in him and his girlfriend. I don't want to lose you. But, if you dare to disobey my command, and refuse to abort your mission, I will have to issue an ultimatum."

"Are you going to kill me?" Gulf said in his sad voice.

"Only if you give me no choice." Masahiro said flatly.

"Is that why you took me here? To kill me just in case I won't comply with your command?" Gulf observed the room that he was assured it was in a building that was located in a deserted area.

"No. I take you here to confess my feelings. Not to kill you. And persuade you to agree to be my Queen. Because....I love you, Gulf." Masahiro gently lifted up Gulf's flawless face. "And....because...I want to mark you as my all rights reserved, right here, right now."

Gulf's face flushed instantly as a result of those words.

"Be my Queen will you?"