-29-

Eisaya had her ears covered with her hands, but she still could hear the chaos in the bedroom, even though she was locked in, inside the bathroom. Her knees were pulled to her chest as she sat in the corner of that bathroom, and her eyes were shut, wishing that the noise would stop immediately. Fortunately, she didn't hear any sound of a pistol being fired, which meant, Joss was not hit by that man's bullet. It had been going on for a very long time, and she was so scared that Joss might not survive the bloody event.

Eisaya wanted to help. However, knowing that she would only trouble Joss and distract him from focusing on winning the fight, she decided to stay put, and waited for Joss to get her out of there. She kept chanting to herself that everything would be fine. And thankfully, after a while, the noise finally stopped, and it was replaced with a series sound of knocking on the door to that bathroom.

"Eisaya....you can open the door now. It is safe to come out." Joss' voice was heard, calling her out.

Eisaya immediately jolted up from where she was sitting and unlocked the door. "Joss!!" She leaped over and hugged that man firmly. "Thank God, you're okay.." Her tears were streaming down her face like a river, feeling quite relieved that Joss was still alive and in one piece.

"Woah! Not so hard...please..." Joss groaned.

"Owh...sorry...sorry..." Eisaya apologized and quickly released him from her embrace. "You're hurt..." She cried while checking the bruises on Joss' face and body.

"But not as bad as that man." Joss retorted softly. Obviously, he was in pain, but he was doing his best not to show it, so, Eisaya wouldn't be worried too much.

"Where is he?" Asked Eisaya, perking her head to find the man who aimed the pistol at her

"There." Joss pointed to Gulf whose hands had been tied to the headboard bed using his necktie.

"Is he dead?" Eisaya queried, wiping off her tears as they both walked over to the bed.

"No, he's not. He is asleep." Joss responded, looking at the man he had beaten with his own hands. If Mew and Hideo hadn't forced him into learning martial arts, he probably would fail to protect the woman he loved. And with the skill he learnt regarding the pressure point to press, which could easily make a person fall asleep, the fight that might have gone longer and damage both party severely, was ended faster than he had expected.

"What are you going to do with him?"

"Someone will come and take him." Joss said, remembering that Masahiro had asked him not to kill Gulf.

"Who is it?"

"A man I know."

"You're not going to tell me who he is?"

Joss beamed. "I'll introduce you to him later." He replied as he put his arms around Eisaya and drew her to his chest. "I'm so relieved that he didn't get a chance to harm you."