-18-

"Fuck!" Violette quickly clutched her mouth and looked around. "Pheww..." She was relieved that no one was there when she cursed, especially the children. According to Joss, the forbidden term must not be said in the orphanage. It was a rule that everyone had to obey, so none of the children, especially the younger ones, would learn or use the word in the future. It was part of the morality that Joss desired to instill in the youngsters.

After she was assured no one had heard her, Violette turned around, letting out a long deep sigh, looking for any sign board that may point her in the right direction to the dining hall. She had to use the restroom earlier, and when she came out, everyone had vanished from where she left them. She remembered Joss telling her where to go, yet she still got lost. If only she had remembered to bring her phone. But it was hidden inside the handbag she had left for Pie to hold it for her. Since she didn't have the phone with her, she couldn't contact her siblings to ask for their whereabouts.

"You look lost. Do you need my assistance?" Asked Mew. He had been following her quietly, watching her wandering around the orphanage aimlessly. He waited for Violette to find the right path on her own, but it didn't seem to happen at all.

 He waited for Violette to find the right path on her own, but it didn't seem to happen at all

"Huh?" Violette turned towards the voice instantly. She was tongue tied as her gaze met that attractive bodyguard with whom she had a brief disagreement earlier. "Err...sorry...What did you say?"

"You look lost. Do you need my assistance?" Mew asked again, staring at Violette's blank expression. Their gazes met, but it didn't seem to bother her at all.

"No. I don't need anything from you. I can get by on my own." Violette responded haughtily. Even though she did need someone's assistance, she would prefer not to accept Mew's offer. The man made her felt a bit uneasy. It might be due to the sexual tension that arose between them or because of the fact that he worked around the children was quite disturbing, despite the reason that he was mostly there as the bodyguard and as the person who taught the children how to defend themselves.

"Are you scared of me?" Mew queried. Slowly, narrowing the gap between them.

Violette pointed to her chest. "Me? Owh please...I'm not scared of you." She rolled her eyes as she spoke.

"Then, do you hate me?" Another question was given by Mew just to verify the reason of her negative behaviour.

"No." A brief answer was stated but it didn't seem enough to justify Violette's reaction.

"So, why are you moving away everytime I moved closer. I'm not going to hurt you, you know." Mew smirked. And again, he moved closer to Violette to see her obvious reaction.

"Because I don't trust you." Violette emphasized the word trust to him.

"You don't trust me because you are afraid that you may fall for me?" Teased Mew in chuckles

"Don't think so highly of yourself. Like I said earlier, I simply don't trust men like you. And I don't think, having you around the children is good. Joss should think it over again about letting you be in the orphanage."

"What is that supposed to mean?" Mew was offended by her remarks. What did he do, that he wasn't allowed to be there?

"You know what I mean."

"No, I don't. Please elaborate for me and make me understand." Mew's voice wasn't as friendly as before.

"Well....you're the type to flirt a lot. So, I don't think, you should be allowed to be near the children." Violette pointed out.

"Are you saying, I will flirt with them and do more than just teaching them self defense?"

Violette nodded. "Yeah...who knows...you may corrupt these innocent children behind Joss' back."

"Do I look like a pedophile to you?" Asked Mew, glaring at her intimidately. It was a shocking accusation, something that he wouldn't take it without a fight. He had been working in the orphanage the longest, how dared she thought of him the worst.

"You said it yourself. I never said it. But since it came out of your mouth, it could happen, right?" Violette smirked.

"If only you were a man, I might have punched you. But since you are not, and you are someone who is related to the person Joss has fallen in love with, I will let this slide. But please do know this, Violette, all the children in this orphanage, I love them like my own. I will protect them from people like you especially, a judgemental person who doesn't know how to draw a line when commenting about other people. And do you think, I would be alive if I did that to them? Joss has installed spy cameras throughout the orphanage, except for the dorms. Not  just to spy on us, but he can also listen to our conversation. And I bet, he is listening right now."

"No, you just made that up."

"Am I? Then, why is he running to us right now?" Mew pointed to Joss who looked at them with a worried face.

Violette couldn't answer Mew. She was surprised when she saw Joss, rushing towards them.

"Mew!" Joss quickly grabbed Mew's arm and looked at him apologetically. "Please...let me apologize on her behalf."

"Wait

"Wait..what? You don't have to do that, Joss. I did mean every word I said." Violette vocalized.

"But he is not as what you have accused. He is a good man." Joss defended Mew. The man was a friend and a family to him. Mew was the reason he could be who he was at that moment. Mew had given his all to protect him and the children without failing. Mew was not a pedophile. Never be. He loved those children like they were his own. Even the children loved him unconditionally.

"Is he?" Violette scoffed.

"Yes. If it wasn't for him, I would be dead right now. And there wouldn't be any orphanage like this. You don't even know what we have been through, so, please....do not speak ill of Mew. I won't tolerate it. Doesn't matter if you're Eisaya's sister, I won't let you do that to Mew. He is my family and my savior."

"Joss, stop this. Don't let me come between you and the person you love." Mew pulled Joss and stood between him and Violette.

"We have taken the oath, Mew. The one that I created myself, so, I have to stick by it." Joss replied. "Which means, Phi Vee, if you're disrespectful to my family, I have to end this visit."