-5-

Eisaya finished off her strawberry milk shake, enjoying the sweet taste that she loved so much. She did hope the milk shake could help her, taking her mind off a certain someone, but sadly, it didn't help at all.

It had been days since their last meeting at the hotel, somehow, something about Joss began to pique her interest. It was frustrating indeed, and Eisaya did try to erase him from her brain. However, the more she tried, the more his face kept popping in her head, messing with her sanity mind.

After slurping the last drop of that milk shake until it was gone completely, Eisaya threw the plastic glass with lid into the recycling bin, and decided to go back to her penthouse by foot since the building was not that far from the café where she bought her strawberry milk shake. At least, she could burn some calories after drinking such sweet drink with high level of sugar.

Leisurely, Eisaya entered the skyscraper building in the center of Bangkok. She just bought a penthouse in that building recently. It had been her dream to have one of those luxury accommodation. She had been saving all her money she received from working as a model to achieve that one particular dream. Her siblings did offer to pay, but she wanted to do it with her own effort, and her own money, so, she could proudly say she owned it without anyone's help. However, what she didn't expect when she bought the penthouse, was the neighbour who lived right next door to her penthouse.

"Mr. Joss Wayar?" Eisaya was startled when she saw the same man she met at the hotel, trying to open the door to the other penthouse. And unexpectedly, there was a little boy, clinging to him.

Joss turned to the voice, and he was surprised when he saw Eisaya, coming out of the elevator

Joss turned to the voice, and he was surprised when he saw Eisaya, coming out of the elevator. "Eisaya..." He mumbled in perplexity.

"You live here? Since when? Did you stalk me? Did you buy the penthouse because you know I'm here too?" Eisaya bombarded. "And who is that? Your son? You're married? And yet you have the audicity to court me? What kind of a man are you, who cheats on the wife?"

"Excuse me? I think, you have misunderstood my relation with this boy, and about me stalking you." Joss said, trying to explain the truth to Eisaya.

"Yeah...right...Do you really think I will buy whatever you say right now? You can't fool me." Eisaya retorted sternly.

"Uncle Joss...." The boy piped out suddenly. And it made Eisaya froze, because the boy had addressed Joss as 'uncle' and not 'dad'.

"Yes, Rowan?" Joss smiled at the boy with fondness.

"Who is she?" Rowan pointed to Eisaya.

"A friend."

"Is she coming over to have lunch too?" Rowan asked politely.

"I don't know. Why don't you ask her?" Joss decided to let Rowan do what he thought was right. Besides, he knew, Eisaya wouldn't talk rudely to the boy. And if Eisaya said 'yes', he could use the opportunity to explain to her about the boy, and cleared his name from being accused as her stalker.

Rowan nodded and walked to Eisaya, pulling the hem of her shirt a few times. "Will you come to have lunch with us too?"

"Err....no..."

"Why not? Uncle Joss always said, the more the merrier. Let's have lunch with us. Uncle Joss has promised to cook delicious pasta. Please eat with us." Rowan made a sad face to Eisaya.

Eisaya wanted to decline, but paused when she saw the blood on Rowan's shirt. "What happened to you?"

"I fell down." Rowan replied in grimace, and pointed to his chin.

"Oh my God! How do you feel now? Are you still in pain?" Eisaya asked worriedly.

"I won't be if you eat with us." Rowan replied with a mischievous smile. "Or you can marry Uncle Joss. He told Uncle Luke he will adopt me if he has found a wife."

"Rowan!" Joss vocalized.

Eisaya said nothing but stared at Joss in disbelief. "So.....that date...was it because of him?"

Joss sighed and decided to speak the truth. "Yes and no."

"I beg your pardon?" Eisaya glared at the tall man

"I mean...Yes...I need a wife to raise Rowan, but no, that date was not part of the plan. I am being sincere about what I said that day. If I wanted a wife just to serve the purpose, I can simply pay a woman to act like one, but I rather have a wife that I am in love with, who I want to have her as my soulmate, and my life time partner, who will love me back as much as I love her." Joss remarked to assure Eisaya, that he wasn't as what she thought.

Eisaya blinked and looked at Rowan. "Do you live here with him?" She pointed to Joss with her chin.

Rowan slowly shook his head. "I live in Uncle Joss' orphanage. I'm here because I'm in pain." He pouted.

Eisaya's brows knitted in stupefaction. "You...you have an orphanage?" She asked Joss to confirm that Rowan didn't lie to her.

"Err...I'm just the benefactor." Joss lied. He didn't want anyone to know he owned the place. That was a secret. He built the orphanage for a good purpose and not for getting his name well known for his good deed. He would prefer it to remain unknown, than using it to win Eisaya's heart.

"I see..." Eisaya replied in astonishment. She rarely met a young wealthy man who would do as what Joss did. Most of them normally would spend their wealth on parties and anything that would fully entertain them. But it was different with Joss, and somehow, she started to realize that Joss was quite a mysterious man who started to pique her interest.

"Will you eat with us?" Rowan asked again.

"Well....," Eisaya smiled at the cute boy genuinely, "...only if Uncle Joss doesn't mind having me over."

"No, I don't mind at all. In fact, I welcome you with my open arms." Joss opened the door to his penthouse, hoping that Eisaya would agree to have a meal with them, and probably continued with the date that they didn't get to finish.