-33-

A few months after the incident

"This can't be happening." Joss facepalmed while looking at the children who had dispersed quickly after he commanded them to help, searching for Rowan, who went missing in action.

"Is it because of me?" Asked Eisaya, realizing the impact on Rowan due to her existence.

"Why do you think, it has something to do with you?"

"Because you have neglected him because of me."

Joss shook his head as he drew her to his chest. "No...it's not you. It's me. I promise him something that I'm not sure I can give it to him."

"A promise?" Eisaya immediately pulled away a little to look at Joss. "Is this related to what he told me when I first met him? About the adoption? About you become his father? I mean about the fact that you will adopt him if you find a wife?"

"Err...yeah...And I kind of told him that I might not be able to keep my promise because I'm not sure if you're open to it. I mean...you probably want your own blood related children."

"Oh my gosh, Joss! Why did you say that to him? He is just a child with full of hope to have his own family

"Oh my gosh, Joss! Why did you say that to him? He is just a child with full of hope to have his own family. How could you! He must be devastated right now." Eisaya was upset. Rowan was a sweet kid. How could Joss dare to hurt such precious angel.

"I said that, so he wouldn't build castle in the air."

Eisaya shook her head in frustration. "You should have asked me first. If you did, none of this would have happened. I like Rowan. In fact, I don't mind adopting him."

"You don't?" Joss was stupefied, yet he was happy that Eisaya would accept Rowan as her adopted son.

"Yes, I don't mind at all. So, stop looking at me like an idiot and let's look for him. And since he isn't anywhere near the area where you have installed the spy camera, that means, he probably hides himself either in the bathroom, bedroom or the locker room. Why don't we split up? You go to the boys area, and I will search for him in the girls area."

"Okay...let's do that." Joss agreed unhesitantly before they split up.

Eisaya immediately searched for Rowan but he was nowhere to be found. "Where are you, little boy?" She mumbled worriedly, as she continued with the search until she heard Joss' voice from the intercom.

'Eisaya, come to the gymnasium quick. I've found him.'

"Thank God..." Eisaya huffed in relief and immediately rushed to the gymnasium. However, she couldn't discard the odd feeling she was having on her way to the gymnasium. Something was not right, when she realized the quiet atmosphere that surrounded her. Not a single person was seen at the orphanage. As if they had vanished from the orphanage.

 As if they had vanished from the orphanage