-16-

"Why do I have to ride in his car? I come with you guys." Eisaya pouted to show her disagreement. It would be really awkward to share a car with Joss after the yesterday event. She didn't even know how to react or what topic should she choose to converse with him. What she knew for sure, the atmosphere would be awkward between them indeed.

"You have nothing to worry about. He will do all the talking. He won't let the awkwardness to forbid him from entertaining you." Violette piped out after they all had agreed to exchange Eisaya's place with Thanaerng. It might be a wise decision for Eisaya. She could use the privilege to learn more about Joss, and to get closer to him as well.

"But

"But...I don't think, I am ready for this." Eisaya whined. Her eyes examined the parking lot, as if she was looking for the exit, for her to escape from there. She might do it actually, but she would miss her chance to visit the orphanage. She wanted to see it for herself, what kind of orphanage Rowan had lived in.

"We have taken that into consideration as well. That's why you need to ride with him, baby girl. You can use this opportunity as a kick start for you to be assured of your own feeling. Taking a long time to realize of what you truly feel for him, may tire him down." Nine adviced his baby girl. "And maybe, this can be a point for you to start over as well, by treating Joss the way you should have ever since the first time you met him."

Eisaya diverted her gaze to Joss, exhaling softly, as she calmed her palpitating heart

Eisaya diverted her gaze to Joss, exhaling softly, as she calmed her palpitating heart. But it became rapid again when her gaze met with Joss'. Every single muscle in her body had frozen as well, because Joss was moving towards her and he was getting closer by the second. She couldn't take her eyes off of him, not realizing that Violette had gestured the others to leave her quietly, until Joss was standing in front of her.

 She couldn't take her eyes off of him, not realizing that Violette had gestured the others to leave her quietly, until Joss was standing in front of her

"Hey..." Joss said as a start. "Is everything okay? Do you still want to visit the orphanage? I hope you're not changing your mind. But if you do, it's okay. I'm not forcing you and your siblings to come along."

Eisaya slowly shook her head. "We're not changing our mind. But...," She glanced at her siblings who were already getting into their cars, leaving just them to talk.

"Yes? What is it, Eisaya? Just tell me." Joss' eyes were diverted towards the same direction as well, watching Thanaerng who suprisingly had fallen for one of Eisaya's brother. Obviously it was love at first sight, but deep down, he was worried as well. What if it wouldn't work out between them? Would it affect him and Eisaya too?

Eisaya exhaled as she burrowed her gaze back to Joss, snapping Joss from his train of thoughts. "This is out of the blue indeed...but, do you mind if I ride with you? Because....err...."

"To be honest, I'm here to ask you the same thing." Joss intervened.

"Huh?" Eisaya blinked in confusion

"Your brother has taken Thanaerng to ride with him. So, I'm all alone in my car. It's going to be pretty boring, driving back alone. Unless....I have you to accompany me." Joss beamed with high hope, wishing that Eisaya wouldn't reject his invitation.

"I have no choice, right? Everyone seems to push me to you."

"Do you hate it?" Joss kept his stare on her unreadable expression.

"No....it's just that....I feel so embarrass right now..." Eisaya hid her face in her palms. If she could hide from Joss, she wouldn't hesitate to do it. But she had nowhere to hide. "I've said, I would never accept you, but now, I am the one who go against my own words. I want to say, I am not attracted to you, but my head...my stupid brain...I can't erase your image, as if you have conquered every cell of my brain, and force me not to stop thinking about you. What did you put in the pasta? A love potion perhaps? Is that it?" She lifted up her face and glared at Joss.

Joss simpered lightly. "Hmm...this is cute. I wish, I have my phone with me, so, I can record your cute reaction." He tilted his head to watch more of her cute reaction.

"You're mocking me. So, I will ride with..." Eisaya gaped at Thanit and Jaylerr's cars that had started to leave the parking area. "What?! How could they leave without us? They don't even know the way to your orphanage."

"But Thanaerng does. She will lead them to the orphanage. And I guess, you have no other choice but to ride in my car. Shall we?" Joss featherly placed his right palm on Eisaya's back and ushered her to his car.

"I've been fooled by own siblings. How could they do this to me." Eisaya couldn't hide her disappointment towards her siblings.

"Maybe they are doing it for my sake. So, you should be angry with me, not them." Joss opened the door for Eisaya to clamber in. And once they both were inside the car, he drove the car out of the premises, carefully driving it through the heavy traffic.

"I have a question for you Joss..."

"Okay....go ahead and ask."

"Err....have you taken down my picture from the wall?" That wasn't the question Eisaya wanted to ask actually, but at least, it helped her to strike a conversation with Joss.

Joss grimaced. "Sorry...I haven't. I went to the orphanage right away after you left my place with your siblings."

"Why?"

"Huh?" Joss glanced at Eisaya in confusion. "Err...because I left right away..."

"No....I mean...why did you leave? Why did you go to the orphanage and not staying in your own place yesterday?"

"Because....I needed consolation. And since I have no one else but my friends in that orphanage, so, I went there, hoping they could help me, mending my broken heart."

"Owh...." Eisaya felt bitter, after hearing his reason.

"But...I will take it down, when I go back to my place per your wish."

"I'm not sure anymore, if that is my wish." Eisaya diverted her gaze out of the window, looking at the city that became polluted with so many type of pollutions.

"If you allow me, can I keep it on the wall a little bit longer?" Joss demanded bravely. He loved the picture, and it would be such a waste to remove it from his bedroom wall. "Who knows, you will reciprocate my feeling someday..."

"Joss...Am I worth to love?" Eisaya relayed the question out of the blue.

"Yes. You are." Joss answered right away in full confidence.

"Even after I broke your heart for too many times?"

"That's the phase I have to go through, and the risk I have to take, when I confessed to you. So, it doesn't matter, Eisaya. What matter is, I get to unlock your heart, for you to accept my true love."