-4-

Joss had been staying in his hotel for days. He hadn't been in contact with anyone, and demanded not to be disturbed as well, because he was still trying to mend his broken heart. It was funny how a rejection could give him so much pain. If he knew the impact was severe, he would never buy that magazine in the first place. And he might not fall for Eisaya, or wouldn't know of her existence, if he hadn't seen those beautiful pictures of her.

But Joss knew, he couldn't get too emotional over a broken heart, since he had things that needed to be attended whether he was up for it or not. It was time for him to move on. And he had to face the world once again, and get back to his everyday life.

Reluctantly, Joss turned on his handphone that had been off ever since he locked himself in the hotel suite, to see what he had been missing while he was in isolation, and he was quite surprised to see a massive number of calls for that day, comin...

Reluctantly, Joss turned on his handphone that had been off ever since he locked himself in the hotel suite, to see what he had been missing while he was in isolation, and he was quite surprised to see a massive number of calls for that day, coming from his friend, Luke, whom he had trusted to run the orphanage.

Without further ado, Joss immediately returned the call, praying that nothing bad happened to the orphanage while he was gone.

'Oh my God! Finally! What the hell, dude?! Where the hell are you?!'

"I'm at the hotel suite. Why? What's wrong?"

'Jeez! I should have known!'

"What's wrong, Luke? Why didn't you call Mew, if you needed me so bad?"

'I was going to, but you called me first.'

"So...why did you call me?"

'It's Rowan. We are in the hospital.'

"What?!"

'Just get here quick. I will tell you everything later. Rowan has been crying his heart out for you, and he won't stop if he doesn't see you.'

"Okay...okay...I'll be there as soon as possible. Just try to do whatever you can to console him." Joss said as he hurriedly left the suite and rushed over to the hospital where he always took the children to get their health check up.

"Uncle Joss...." Rowan wailed once he saw his favourite man right in front of him.

"Oh my God, Rowan! What's wrong, my brave boy? Why do you have so much blood on your shirt?!" Joss asked, as he swiftly held that boy's hand and squeezed it gently. "How did he get hurt this bad?" He asked Luke, and he couldn't hide the fact that he was pretty upset with the incident.

"He was running through the corridor even after we have reprimanded him for so many times, and accidentally stumbled upon his feet, and hit his chin on the cemented floor." Luke explained the chronology of the event. "And since the wound was causing him to lose a lot of blood, I had to bring him here, thinking that he might need some stitches under his chin to stop the bleeding, and apparently I was right."

Joss sighed and beamed at the boy with fondness. "How are you feeling?"

"Hurt...and in pain....." The boy sniffled.

"Don't worry...the pain will be gone after a while." Joss kissed Rowan's head and smiled at his brave little boy. "How is he doctor?" He asked the doctor who came back to check on Rowan.

"He's fine. Probably feeling exhausted and shocked due to the incident. He just need some rest, and some food to eat. But maybe it's better if you don't give him any food that will be hard for him to chew on, so, it won't give him so much pain when he eats." The doctor gave them some advices that would help the boy while he was still in recovering period.

"Does this mean we can take him home?" Luke wanted to know. If Rowan had to stay there that night, either him or Joss, would have to be there with the boy.

"Yes, you can. Just make sure he doesn't move too much. I don't want the wound to reopen. And make sure it doesn't get soaked around there as well. It needs to be dry to prevent infection. Wash at least twice a day, then dry it thoroughly. You may also cover it with a thin layer of petroleum jelly such as Vaseline, or a non stick bandage, after that."

"Do you hear that, Rowan?" Joss gently tapped the boy's nose. "No more running until you are better."

"Err...doctor, do we have to come again to get the stitches remove?" Luke queried.

"Yes, please do come back after five days." The doctor replied before he excused himself to check on his other patients.

"Come, Rowan. Let's go back home." Joss carefully carried the boy in his arms.

"Uncle Joss....I don't want to go back to the orphanage. I want to stay with you." Rowan pleaded, pouting his lips sadly.

"If that's what you want, and that's what you'll get. I will take you home with me."

"Are you sure you want to do that, Joss? I know you're busy. And it will take a very long time for him to heal." Luke said worriedly. It wouldn't be easy to nurse a boy that age until he was fully recovered. And with Joss would be working all the time, he wondered if Joss would have time to attend the sick boy.

 And with Joss would be working all the time, he wondered if Joss would have time to attend the sick boy

"I know, Luke. But let him be with me just for a few days. Work can wait, but this, you know I can't say no to him." Joss pinched Rowan's cheek lightly.

"Well, you're the boss." Luke replied, raking Rowan's hair gently. "And you, Rowan, don't give uncle Joss a hard time." He kissed the boy's cheek softly.

"Hmm...." Rowan replied, leaning his head on Joss' shoulder, with his eyes closed.

"He's tired." Luke beamed. "Just take him home first. I will settle the bill here for you. And promise me you won't pamper him too much. Or he may not want to get back to the orphanage. You know how kids this age..."

"That may be hard for me to comply." Joss simpered.

"You need to control yourself, Joss, or things may get harder. This is for his own sake. Unless, you do want to adopt him since you two seem to have developed a special bond ever since he is sent to the orphanage."

"I do want to adopt....but I need to find a wife first."

"Then, do it fast, dude. Before he is taken by other parents." Luke adviced the man.