1

TWs: Implied/referenced parental issues, arm amputation, and cardiac arrest. I think those are all the major ones.

'My face... my beautiful face... why Tord?'

'I thought we were... I thought we were friends!'

'I... am not... your friend!'

His friends— ex-friends now hated him. He supposed it was for the best. His father would hopefully express something close to happiness at hearing the news.

Then he would hear about the robot, and he would go apeshit on him all over again.

It was the same thing practically every day, which is why Tord was somewhat happy to get away from his father for a few days.

His father wasn't the best, but he also wasn't that bad. All fathers are harsh on their kids, right? They only want what's best for you.

And if it's Tord being the leader of a whole army, then so be it.

Even if it meant giving up his dreams of becoming a full-time inventor.

Tord didn't think he was fit to lead. He was deemed the social outcast in high school, not only for his different accent but because he was 'different' than everyone else.

He didn't flinch when two students were fighting a few inches away from him, he didn't go to the nurse when he scraped his knee on concrete; though he stared at the wound for a while, and he would only pipe up whenever someone talked about guns, knives, or vulgar video games and movies.

Whenever he was placed in group projects, he never took charge, only managing to work on his part of it.

So no, he wouldn't say he was fit to lead an army.

Though if he refused to go along with it...

Tord slightly glanced down at his lap.

He didn't want to know what would happen if he ever defied his father.

"-rd, how you d—ere?" A voice asked, making Tord blearily look up.

Pat was looking in the rearview mirror, light concern in his green eyes.

"Wha..." Tord squinted, confused. His head hurt, and his ears were ringing.

Pat repeated what he said, at least that's what Tord thought.

Yet, he still couldn't understand. It was as if he was suddenly underwater, and everything was just muffled and ringing.

Tord shook his head, hoping to give some kind of answer to him.

Pat's concern only grew as his eyes widened and he looked at Pau, "We need to step on it, Pau."

"What? I'm going as fast as I can." Pau replied, a bit confused at Pat and Tord's exchange.

"Well, do you want Tord to lose his hearing forever? I didn't think so, so step on it!"

Pau's eyes widened a bit, then he furrowed his eyebrows, "I suggest you hold on tight."

Tord could only lean forwards as a blanket of darkness overtook his vision.

He didn't know why it was so comforting.

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

Pat and Pau rushed back to the temporary HQ, where they carried Tord to the ER; which didn't look like much compared to the one back at their base in Norway.