14

TWs: Matt's terrible memory, anxiety/fear, awkwardness

The next day Pau and Pat left for their interviews, and Tord had the flat to himself.

This was a poor decision on their part, as Tord immediately got to work on blueprints that were too big to fit on the surface of his desk, making him have to use the dining table.

He also raided the cabinets of all the caffeine.

Tord was probably on his eighth cup of coffee when he went for a refill, only to realize he ran out of sugar.

The Norsk frowned. He couldn't go to the store since he had a different currency. He doubted anyone else would accept it.

He was about to go back to work and not worry about it until his eye fell on a picture of him and Matt on the counter. Tord decided to place the pictures around the flat to make it more lively.

The lighter brunette looked at the picture for a few more seconds, only to blink when he came to the realization that Matt liked to bake.

'He's bound to have leftover sugar!' Tord thought. His blueprints could wait; he just needed more sugar in his body.

When standing in front of Matt's door, however, he hesitated. He raised his metal arm to knock, only to put it back down with a sigh.

He took a few steps back, opting to go back to his flat, but he forced himself to stop and turn back towards Matt's door.

'Why am I acting like a fucking anime girl about to confess to her crush!? Just get it over with, dumbass!' Tord berated himself as he knocked on Matt's door with his left fist instead.

The door opened after a few seconds, the ginger looking confused before appearing surprised with a hint of something else Tord suspected was fear.

Then came the awkward silence and staring at each other. Matt was fiddling with his hoodie's sleeve.

The taller tilted his head slightly, "Can I help you...?"

Tord blinked, "I need sugar."

The ginger looked confused, "How'd you know I'd have some?"

"Because you like to bake." Tord quirked an eyebrow.

Matt still looked puzzled; but opened his door further, "You can come in."

Tord slowly walked inside, immediately noting the pictures that covered every inch of the walls.

'Wow, talk about organization...' Tord thought as he walked up to view them closer, 'I'm not in any of them, unsurprisingly.'

Matt looked at Tord. He was slightly uncomfortable, but he ignored the feeling.

"You needed sugar, right?" Matt spoke, walking into his kitchen and filing through his cabinets.

"Right," Tord spoke, following Matt into the kitchen.

They both said nothing for a few minutes as Matt got out the sugar.

"How much did you need?" He glanced at Tord.

"Enough for a cup of coffee, so about 39 or 40 grams." Tord calculated. Matt only hummed in response, and they were silent again.

The ginger poured the sugar into a small container and put a lid on it. He handed the container to Tord.

"Thanks." Tord smiled awkwardly, then sighed, "Matt?"

Matt was putting away the sugar, perking up when the Norsk spoke.

"Why did you help me?"

The taller frowned, "What do you mean?"