5

TWs: Just ominous sentences, I think.

"Shouldn't you wait a few more days before trying to put it on?" Pat asked, worriedly.

"It's been six weeks since the amputation, Pat. It should be fine." Tord said as he lined up the robot arm to his flesh arm.

"But you don't have full control of your arm yet. Aren't you worried about the consequences going with this?"

Tord stopped to think about it. He knew Pat was right, but Tord needed to go out and do stuff! Not sit here all day, sulking.

"Hm... nah," Tord answered as he slowly inserted his nub arm into the base of the silver lining.

Pat sighed as he mentally facepalmed, 'of course...'

Tord placed the robot arm down on his workbench as he grabbed a screwdriver. He still wasn't used to using his left hand as the screwdriver shook slightly in his hand.

'I wonder if I can use those stun guns as an upgrade for my arm,' Tord thought, 'although it would take a lot of figuring out how to not shock people if they come in close contact with it.'

It was interesting to see Tord work on something. He would always mutter to himself, stick his tongue out when he was concentrating, and bite his lip or tongue whenever he was focusing too hard.

Pat didn't notice these things at first, not until Pau told him about it. Apparently, Pau knew Tord when he was a toddler.

Which didn't make sense to Pat, Pau would've been about 10 or 11 at the time of meeting Tord. And from his understanding, Tord didn't see outside the army base borders until his high school days which made him wonder if Pau has been in the army since he was a child.

"I got your coffee, Pat." A voice shook him from his thoughts.

"How long have you been there?" Pat asked the other brunette as he took his coffee.

"10 seconds...?" Pau looked confused at his random question. He walked over to Tord's worktable, grabbed something from his jacket pocket, and placed it on the table.

Tord glanced up, his eyes lighting up, "En energidrikk!"

Pau took a moment to open it for Tord, placing his coffee down for a second. When he placed it back, Tord nabbed it and took a few gulps.

"Jak on lubi takie rzeczy...?" Pat grimaced as Pau stood next to him again, "Literally the worse flavor ever."

Pau didn't reply, which was weird considering he always had something to say about anything he talked about.

Pat turned to Pau, about to question him on his behavior recently when he saw the look on the taller's face.

Pau was looking at Tord, though his eyes were someplace else.

'Daydreaming?' Pat guessed.

The ruffled brunette wasn't one to daydream, though Pat has noticed he's been doing it more often.

It's like the incident made him a completely new person.

"A-ha!" Tord shouted triumphantly, scaring Pau and Pat with the sudden outburst.

"What is it, Tord?" Pat questioned.

"Se, se! I can move it!" He gestured to the arm on the workbench.

The soldiers walked closer to see the fingers of the robot arm lifting slightly.

"See? I can move it with no consequences." Tord grinned as he adjusted the base of the arm.