39

TWs: Hospitals, eating disorders (not shown explicitly, but it's there), mention of blood/guns/prison/death/killing/body mutilation/divorce/manipulating, and someone going missing. Stay safe :)

"You did say the shipyard, right?" Larry spoke over the phone.

"Yes, the foggy part." A man replied, adjusting his cane.

Larry glanced around at the shipyard, "That doesn't narrow it down- this place is all fog."

"Ah- keep walking forward and take a... right." He adjusted his black-lensed glasses.

"How do you know where I am?"

"Trust me."

"I hate when you say that..." Larry grumbled.

"There's a heat signature coming this way." The doctor's AI told him.

"What was that?" Larry asked.

"Something I've been working on." The taller replied, "You'll see soon."

"I hope I get an explanation."

Soon the doctor heard footsteps coming closer, stopping a few feet before him.

"Arthur?" Larry quirked an eyebrow, "Wow."

A pause as the shorter stared at him.

"You look like shit."

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

"Sorry, but only one guest can visit Mr. Larseing simultaneously." The nurse stated, looking at the three. Edd and Matt turned to Pat.

"You can go first, Pat." Edd smiled.

"Are you sure?" The shorter looked at them.

"Of course!"

Pat was uncertain as he got up and followed the nurse to Tord's room. The nurse nodded to him as they reached a door. Pat opened it, peering into the room.

Tord was trying to get comfortable in the hospital bed, failing to do so as he felt uncomfortable every time. He decided to lie there and deal with it.

"Tord?" Pat's voice cut through the silence.

The Norsk sighed in relief, "Finally, someone who is not here to poke and prod at me."

Pat smiled a bit, "How are you feeling?"

"Surprisingly good for someone who has conquered death a thousand times." He joked, then looked at Pat, "How are you?"

"I'm fine." Pat forced a smile.

"You could compete in a competition with Matt for 'best fake smile' and still get last place," Tord spoke.

Pat crossed his arms as he whispered, "I'm worried about Pau."

Tord didn't say anything as he glanced out his hospital window. His father's words replayed in his head. He didn't want to believe it. He didn't want his closest friend to be the one who killed his mother. There had to be another explanation.

"He hasn't woken up yet." Pat continued, "It's been two weeks- he's bound to wake up soon, right?"

Tord ignored the thoughts swarming his head to analyze his friend. Pat was usually well-kempt, but it looked like he hadn't slept or eaten for some time.

"You look like how you did when I was a teenager," Tord commented, "Which is a bad thing."

Pat sighed, "I know... and I promise to do better, but I'm just worried-"