17

TWs: Unless cross-dressing somehow triggers you, feelings of being watched (dread/anxiety), getting found out, overprotectiveness

That weekend, Matt and Tord went to the shopping centre. It was basically a bunch of strip malls with a food court in the middle.

So a mall just titled differently.

"Hm... what do you think about this shirt?" Matt held it up to his chest.

"Too happy," Tord grumbled.

"Too h- oh." Matt was confused until he realized that the shirt he picked out had smiley faces all over it. He smiled as he put it back, "Upset with the concept of happiness, Tord?"

"Of course not; I just hate things that are too happy." Tord glared.

Matt nodded as he went over to a different rack, "What about this one?"

He held up a purple off-shoulder sweater that had bell sleeves.

"I like it." Tord hummed.

"Are you just saying that?" Matt pouted.

Tord scoffed, "As if I would just sit around and let others judge you. If you don't look good in something, I'll say it."

The ginger looked at him questionably, "If you say so... now to find something to match this with."

The duo went along the aisles, Tord following Matt closely. The taller stopped to look at something momentarily, then muttered something to himself and shook his head, continuing to another aisle.

Tord noticed this, looking in the direction Matt did. He realized what it was and figured Matt forgot that he told the ex-leader.

When Tord caught up to Matt, he was having trouble picking out what matched the shirt.

"Maybe this-? No... or I could do this?" He muttered to himself as he flipped through the rack.

"Matt?" Tord spoke up. Matt hummed, still focused on the rack, "You do realize I know, don't you?"

Matt stopped, his hand frozen on the clothing rack. He blinked and looked at Tord, "Know what?"

"You're a cross-dresser." Tord elaborated.

Matt was silent, looking anywhere but at his friend, "Ah, you do know..."

Tord sighed, "Matthew, look at me."

The taller slowly looked at him.

"The thing I told you when I found out was: 'clothes have no gender.' It's just something that society puts in your head to fuck you over. It's not anyone's business whether you like to wear something that's comfortable for you." Tord stated, "Also, men have worn skirts in the fourteenth century, so why can't we wear them now?"

Matt was silent for a moment, looking at Tord with watery eyes, "You're right."

"Now, didn't you want to look through the skirts?" Tord asked.

Matt grinned as he nodded and skipped over to the skirts, "I was looking at this white skirt..."

The taller pulled it off the rack, showing Tord. It was a white pencil skirt that looked knee-height.

"So, what do you think?" Matt drew the items in front of his body.

"Very cute, except it needs something..." Tord pondered.

"Like a necklace? I'm pretty sure I have plenty."

"Yes, that's it. Anyway, is that all you needed?" Tord glanced around.