6

TWs: Feelings-y, Tord's a liar and a pessimist.

"Hey Red, we managed to get those parts you needed," Pat grunted as he and Pau stepped into the room.

Tord glanced over, "Perfect, hopefully, it's enough resources."

Clay examined the three, "What's it for?"

Tord wavered, acknowledging he hasn't told Clay, You, or Yan about his intent on running away.

"Uh..." The leader motioned to Pat.

Pat comprehended his signal, "Oh look at the time, I think Pau and I need to go, uh shoot targets."

"I thought we did that yesterday?" Pau looked at him confused.

"We're doing it again!" Pat yanked him out of the room.

'I meant to change the subject, not leave me alone to explain...' Tord huffed. Sometimes he forgot Pat couldn't read social cues well.

Clay rummaged through one of the boxes, "Aren't these plane parts?"

"Yeah." Tord watched as the kid pulled out an undersized propellor.

"Are you guys going somewhere?" Clay pondered as he fixated on the propellor.

Tord was silent, prompting Clay to look over. He set the propellor down and tilted his head.

The leader sighed, "Listen, Clay. Pat, Pau, and I are... leaving soon."

"Oh okay, when are you coming back?" Clay asked.

Tord shifted in his seat, glancing around the room. The room was silent as Clay faltered a little.

"Y-You are coming back, right?" Clay frowned, staring at Tord with a lost look in his brownish-grey eyes.

The older one eventually found the courage to look at Clay, his voice cracking as he uttered, "I don't know..."

Liar.
You're never coming back.

As soon as he said that, Clay's eyes glossed over, "B-But you have to come back! If not for me, then for the army-"

"I never wanted to be the leader of the Red Army, Clay." Tord chided softly.

Liar.
You did want to become Red Leader at one point.

He continued, "All I want is a break."

Clay opened his mouth, hesitating before saying, "Then if not for the army... will you come back for me?"

Tord felt tears stinging at the corner of his left eye. He looked at the boy as he softly nodded, "I swear."

Liar.
You'll forget about him.

Clay clutched onto Tord tightly, ensuring that his big brother was there.

Tord wouldn't call himself expressive, quite the opposite entirely. Except for the people he calls family, he can't help but shed a few tears.

Everyone he is close to knows about his more sensitive side; they just don't comment on it since he's self-conscious about showing any sign of 'weakness'.

His father despises weakness.

Tord wrapped his left arm around Clay, his right still 'out of commission'.

Clay didn't want to let go anytime soon, as when Tord tried to pull away, the boy only held onto him tighter.

Tord didn't mind, even though he knew he had to get started on the plan before his father realized what he was up to.